On Saturday Nissan announced it is severing its ties with Takata airbags. The Japanese automaker will not use the airbag inflators made by Takata Corp. Nissan has become part of a large club to have dropped Takata as a supplier. Get the Free Tracker App to find a Nintendo Switch in Stock Previously Honda, Toyota and Mazda motors all fired the Japanese auto parts supplier Takata. Nissan announced it will no longer use the airbag inflators by Takata in any of their cars. Faulty Takata airbag inflators has resulted in one of the biggest auto recalls in history. According to Nissan they have decided to no longer use the Takata inflators in their future car models. The Takata inflators contained ammonium nitrate which caused airbags to burst on collision.The rupture of the airbag sent metal shrapnel flying around the car cabin. The shrapnel have so far resulted in eight deaths and a hundred injuries. Takata shares already fell by 6.2 percent in Tokyo trading on Friday. “In line with the recent announcement from the United States’ National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, we have decided to no longer use inflators containing ammonium nitrate in airbags for future models,” Dion Corbett, a… Read full this story
- Teen student who died after Takata airbag sliced her neck open revealed as first victim that sparked 100million worldwide recall – but are you at risk?
- NCLT clears Takata India and KSS Abhishek Safety Systems merger
- 2020 Honda City Bookings Commence Ahead Of India Launch: Available On Online Platform
- 2020 Honda City Review (First Drive): A New Game Changer In The Indian Market?
- New Honda WR-V BS6 Models Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 8.50 Lakh
- Honda opens booking for 5th Generation Honda City – Check out features
- Honda has made "big step forward" with new NSX
- 2020 Honda City Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of Launch Next Month
- Nissan Sub-4-Meter Sedan In The Works: Possible Launch In 2021
- Honda WR-V BS6 India Launch On July 2: Here Are All The Details
Nissan Also Dropping Takata Airbag Inflators After Toyota And Honda have 334 words, post on www.i4u.com at November 8, 2015. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.