With Reading List, The A.V. Club asks one of our favorite pop-culture creators to describe a list of reading materials that are tied together by a single theme. The reader: Charlie Jane Anders is best known as the editor-in-chief of the popular tech-and-culture website io9. But over the past few years she’s become an increasingly powerful science fiction and fantasy author. Her debut novel for adults, All The Birds In The Sky, comes out this month, and it’s a compelling tale that takes place in an indeterminate time a few years from now—when a young woman named Patricia and young man named Laurence must discover themselves and their relationship to each other, with the world itself hanging in the balance. Patricia is an old-school mage, and Laurence is a future-tech scientist; the friction and fusion of their seemingly contradictory worldviews is in turn poignant, poetic, and profound. With that in mind, The A.V. Club asked Anders to list and discuss her favorite five novels that combine science fiction and fantasy. Advertisement (If you haven’t read Kai Ashante Wilson’s new novel, The Sorcerer Of The Wildeeps, proceed with caution. Plot details are revealed below.) The A.V. Club: Before we dive into… Read full this story
- Why black sci-fi 'can't be ignored'
- ‘Jane the Virgin’ Creator on the Show’s End: ‘We’re Going to Close Things Up’
- "INCONCEIVABLE!" Fantasy Lineup For Saturday Night's Time Warp Drive-In
- 85 books for summer reading
- This illustrated collection of Ursula K. Le Guin’s Earthsea books finally does the series justice
- Local Event – Free Comic Book Day is this Saturday
- An author in perfect flux: Jack Grimwood and his latest thriller
- What I’ve Been Reading Lately // Young Adult Novels
- Summer 2018 Entertainment Guide
- BookCon 2018: Bill Clinton, Abbi Jacobson and more must-see events
Charlie Jane Anders on 5 books that wonderfully combine sci-fi and fantasy have 298 words, post on www.avclub.com at January 26, 2016. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.