CENTURION, South Africa (AP) Stephen Cook was 46 not out on debut as South Africa reached 107-1 at lunch on the first day of the fourth and final test against England on Friday. Cook finally gave South Africa’s batting a solid start in the series, which is already lost for the home team after England took an unassailable 2-0 lead before the final test. Bowing to public pressure, the Proteas gave Cook his debut at the age of 33, acknowledging the need for a specialist opening batsman after persisting with Stiaan van Zyl, a converted opener, for the first three tests. England had one success on the opening morning at SuperSport Park, when offspinner Moeen Ali removed Dean Elgar for 20 after a superb reflex catch by James Taylor at short leg.
- Cook makes 115 on debut, SA 329-5 in 4th test vs. England
- South Africa 421-8 in 4th test vs. England
- Cook's 115 on debut leads SA to 329-5 in 4th test vs. Eng
- South Africa wins toss, bats 1st in last test vs England
- Steyn to miss South Africa’s 2nd test vs England
- Injured Steyn won’t bowl for rest of 1st test vs. England
- England in trouble at 232-6 in 4th test vs. South Africa
- England in trouble at 211-6 in 4th test vs. South Africa
- England crumbles to 101 all out to lose 4th test in SAfrica
SAfrica 107-1, playing for pride in 4th test vs. England have 219 words, post on www.foxsports.com at January 21, 2016. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.