Police in Vietnam have carried out an investigation into an illegal kidney trade ring, arresting one member and discovering that some doctors in a hospital in the central province of Thua Thien-Hue were also involved in its operation. Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper reporters in 2014, and affirmed that the ring consists of one group in Hanoi and three in the central province. They have arrested one member of the ring, Nguyen Viet Dung, 34, who is from the northern city of Hai Phong. In 2013, Dung and two other members, Le Thi Yen, 51, and her sister Le Thi Ha, 38, formed an illegal ring that acted as intermediaries between kidney sellers and buyers, according to officers. Yen was the mastermind of the operation while Dung’s responsibility was to counterfeit documents and signatures to legalize the kidney transplants in Hue Central Hospital. The ring members advertised themselves on the Internet as family relatives of a patient in need of a kidney. Some of the men who had sold their kidneys to the ring were later asked to work for the group. Kidney sellers, mostly young men living in poverty or heavily indebted, underwent different health checks and tests in several…
- Vietnamese police arrest nine people over the deaths of 39 migrants in a refrigerated lorry in Essex
- Police Bust ‘Voodoo’ Migrant Sex Slave Ring Which Forced Women ‘To Eat Raw Chicken Hearts’
- Crime branch of J&K Police to probe JKPCC scams
- Dentist arrested after 'illegally killing 1,000 jaguars on sick hunting trips'
- How Bulgaria became a ‘hotbed’ for vile people smuggling trade with kingpins enjoying lavish lifestyles in the shadows
- Essex lorry deaths RECAP: Man and woman arrested over migrants found in truck
- Police searching for 2 brothers wanted for manslaughter, trafficking after 39 bodies found in tractor-trailer
- Police seize thousands of animals in wildlife trade crackdown
- Vietnam busts big online gambling ring
- All 39 victims in UK lorry confirmed as Vietnamese
Vietnamese police arrest one after probe into illegal kidney trade ring have 307 words, post on at January 4, 2016. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.