Now that Han Solo has fallen on hard times (oops, was that a spoiler?), Harrison Ford’s schedule has been freed up to reprise his other iconic role as Rick Deckard in the long-awaited sequel to “Blade Runner.” Deadline reports that “Blade Runner 2” is scheduled for a theatrical release on January 12, 2018.Around the same time he was showing us what the past looked like “in a galaxy far, far away” a young Ford also gave us a glimpse of the future here on Earth in the classic 1982 adaptation of Philip K. Dick’s novel “Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?” The original “Blade Runner” depicts the world of 2019, filled with the requisite flying cars and bio-engineered Androids called “Replicants” that may have just returned from exile in search of revenge on their creators. The sequel will pick up where the first film left off, meaning filmgoers will be watching a depiction of life in 2019 from a 2018 that’s likely to look quite different than what director Denis Villeneuve imagined more than three decades ago. 44 2016 movies to geek out for (pictures) Related stories Harrison Ford to reprise role as Deckard in ‘Blade Runner’ sequel Ryan Gosling… Read full this story
- 'Blade Runner' director Ridley Scott turns 80
- 'Blade Runner' Day: Fans Shocked to Discover Film is Now Set in the Past
- Why 'Blade Runner 2049' special effects are more than just 'boom' and 'bang'
- Tom Holland's Long-Delayed Chaos Walking Earns January 2021 Release Date
- Ninja Turtles 2 Blu-ray Release Date & Details Announced
- 'Katy Keene' Release Date, Cast, Trailer, Plot: Everything You Need to Know About the 'Riverdale' Spin-Off
- Blade Runner Sequel Releasing in 2018 Starring Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford
- Here's how GOG brought Blade Runner back
- Watch Lil Nas X in New ‘Blade Runner’-Inspired ‘Panini’ Video
- Prey 2 preview – free-running and gunning with Batman's gear in Blade Runner's world
'Blade Runner 2' release date set as the present catches up to the future have 297 words, post on www.cnet.com at February 17, 2016. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.