The Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (BFAR) lifted on Monday the temporary ban on round scad (galunggong) fishing in the waters off northeastern Palawan. The three-month closed season for galunggong, which began in November last year, is an initiative by both the fishing sector and the government through the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) and BFAR to secure increased and long-term supply of the said fish species. “We are glad to note the fishing operators were fully engaged during the data gathering, planning, and actual implementation of the closed season. We are also optimistic that we will be able to replicate in Palawan the successes we had from previous closed seasons in the Visayan Sea, Davao Gulf and Zamboanga Peninsula,” BFAR National Director Asis Perez said. Perez, who is also the concurrent Agriculture Undersecretary for Fisheries, said the closed season for commercial fishing vessels aims to conserve marine resources, to secure the spawning period of pelagic fishes in the area, and continuously implement measures to address illegal, unreported and unregulated fishing. Once a very popular source of fish protein among Filipino households, the volume of galunggong has declined in recent years. Even round scad-rich Palawan has… Read full this story
- French officials condemn Guernsey fishing ban triggered by Brexit
- EU Commissioner squirms in humiliating probe on fishing policies: 'Special treatment!'
- Vegan activist Tash Peterson banned from every licensed venue in Western Australia
- Six Theories On When The U.S./U.K. Travel Ban Will Be Lifted
- EU Travel Ban News: EU lifts travel restrictions on US tourists after over a year | World News - Times of India
- EU hell-bent on sabotaging UK trade deals in Brexit revenge– Lord lifts lid on bitter plot
- Belgium bans entry of British citizens to curb Covid variant
- HDFC Bank says no clarity yet on lifting of RBI embargo, in touch with central bank
- Update: Canada Closes Border To U.S. In Unprecedented New Coronavirus Travel Ban
- Everything You Need To Know About Canada’s Latest Major Coronavirus Travel Ban
‘Galunggong’ fishing ban lifted have 331 words, post on www.manilatimes.net at February 1, 2016. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.