The Hanoitimes – Cherry Blossom Festival 2016, a cultural exchange programme between Hanoi and Japan was scheduled to take place from March 19-20. However, Hanoi People`s Committee extended the festival through March 21 to serve the excited welcome of local residents and visitors. Cherry Blossom Festival 2016, which is a memorable event as part of activities to mark 43th anniversary of diplomatic ties between Vietnam and Japan, opened at Hanoi’s Ly Thai To flower garden on March 19. Cherry Blossom Festival 2016, a cultural exchange programme between Hanoi and Japan, displayed 200 Japanese cherry trees and some 10,000 branches of cherry blossoms. 200 cherry blossom trees selected carefully from the southernmost prefecture of Okinawa were presented as gifts to Hanoi. The climate and soil in the Japanese prefecture are similar to that of the capital. Chairman of the municipal People’s Committee Nguyen Duc Chung highlighted culture as a key pillar to promote cooperation, mutual understanding and trust between the two countries and peoples. A wide variety of cultural activities took place in connection with the event including Japanese art of flower arrangement, Japanese film screening, martial arts and dragon dance performances. Participating in the cultural exchange programme, visitors had the…
- What’s Cooking: D.C. area restaurants celebrate Mardi Gras, Cherry Blossom Festival in March
- Cherry blossoms reach 'peduncle elongation,' two stages away from peak bloom
- Japan's cherry blossom season is forecast using AI technology
- These Photos Of Cherry Blossoms Around The World Will Brighten Your Day
- How to see Japan’s Cherry Blossoms
- Shake Shack’s Cherry Blossom Shake Is Here — Is It Any Good?
- Woman demands boyfriend takes perfect picture by cherry blossom
- Washington's famed cherry blossoms threatened by rising sea levels
- Cherry blossoms in winter? Global warming could make it happen
- Prettiest spots in Japan if you want to go and see the cherry blossoms
Hanoi extends Cherry Blossom Festival 2016 have 305 words, post on at March 22, 2016. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.