Labour lose seats across UK, Corbyn admits they ‘hung on’ Sadiq Khan set to be named London Mayor Tories replace Labour as second party in Scotland Full results, map and find out who won in your area Labour hold onto power in Wales but Ukip rise 2:45PM How Jeremy Corbyn presided over a disappointing set of results for Labour Corbyn’s leadership questioned V oters do not see Labour under Jeremy Corbyn as a “credible party of future government,” a member of the shadow cabinet has admitted. Shadow Scottish secretary Ian Murray said the leadership needed to reflect on the “super Thursday” election results which saw the party crash into third place behind the Tories in Scotland while failing to make gains in England. “I don’t think that the public see the UK Labour Party led by Jeremy Corbyn at the moment as being a credible party of future government in 2020,” Mr Murray, Labour’s only MP in Scotland, told BBC Radio 4’s the World at One. “That’s something, after this week’s results, we should reflect on, the leadership of the party should reflect on – and find a way of finding a strategy and a narrative that changes the perception… Read full this story
- Keir Starmer's brutal description of Jeremy Corbyn as leader: 'He is not messiah!'
- Jeremy Corbyn: Tories have failed on policing
- Angela Rayner under fire: Labour chief faces backlash for posing with shamed Jeremy Corbyn
- Jeremy Corbyn coup: Left-wing allies plotting to oust hapless Keir Starmer
- Former Labour MP Frank Field set to become a peer after Jeremy Corbyn's three candidates blocked
- 45 female Labour MPs write to Jeremy Corbyn demanding he does more to stop 'disgusting' abuse from supporters
- Jeremy Corbyn under pressure as urgent probe demanded into ex-Labour leader's legal costs
- Seriously? Labour activists urge UK to celebrate Jeremy Corbyn's birthday in online event
- 'Jeremy Corbyn would have done better' Rayner ridiculed after 'deluded' assessment
- Labour MP 'appointed and sacked' by Jeremy Corbyn as she was treated for breast cancer
UK local elections 2016: Labour are 'not credible' under Jeremy Corbyn says shadow minister - but he refuses to resign have 330 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at May 8, 2016. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.