MONROE – For the Zaklikovsky family, daughter Mattil’s becoming a Bat Mitzvah was more than an affirmation of faith. It was an affirmation of life.Celebrating her coming of age as a Jewish adult, Mattil, 12, helped uncover the story behind her great-grandmother’s survival during the Holocaust. With help from her parents and a Polish researcher, she found the family that hid her “Bubby Mattil.”Bubby Mattil died at age 80, a few months before her great-granddaughter was born in 2004. Never one to shy away from the past, Mattil Rozensztajn Zaklikowski would speak of her experiences during the war, but there were many questions left unanswered. Born in 1923, she was a teenager during the war. It was known that she hid in the woods and in an attic of a neighboring family. That was all.But who was the family in the tiny town of Tomaszowice to save her? Who were these “Righteous Among The Nations?” Why did they do it?”She did talk about it, but never spoke of the family in detail,” said Rabbi Eliezer Zaklikovsky, father of the Bat Mitzvah and the first grandson of Mattil Rozensztajn Zaklikowski. “They were happy that they had the opportunity to hide. How many tens of thousands didn’t have neighbors that would take… Read full this story
- Lilibet Diana Mountbatten-Windsor: Meghan and Harry welcome baby daughter to the world
- Pink wins gold after competing with her ten-year-old daughter Willow in a 'Family Olympics at home'
- Meghan Markle's bio on royal family website finally updated after two month delay
- Royal family news – Harry ‘DESTROYED hope of Queen & Prince Charles reunion as crisis ‘too big’ for ally Eugenie to fix’
- Long Lost Family 10-day-old baby 'snatched from mum's arms' in devastating loss
- Queen keeps in touch with family with video calls from Windsor during coronavirus crisis
- Prince Charles showcases love for Prince George with sweet family snap in video
- Royal Family LIVE: Tense showdown looms as Harry 'asks to be included' in Queen's Jubilee
- Princess Eugenie related to Jack Brooksbank as pair's 'strange' family dynamic unveiled
- Kate Middleton devastated: How family were to blame for Prince William split
Monroe rabbi's daughter honors family who saved great-grandmother have 347 words, post on www.usatoday.com at July 2, 2016. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.