Soledad O’Brien. Photo: Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images We’ve had this sudden shift in how society functions at a fundamental level.I remember when I was a PA being invited to sit in on the morning news meeting. I finished running scripts, and when I walk in one of the producers said, “Oh, I bet you’re running on CP Time.” And I’m like, no, motherfucker, I just finished with a show! A white person said that to you?Of course! I was so mad for so many years. And I never saw him again. So whenever I give this speech to people, I always tell them I have to really not hold a grudge, because it took me many years to get over it. I was angry for so long! He said it, by the way, to the meeting. You have to be pretty tone-deaf to say something so overtly racist.I don’t even consider it overt racism. I think that’s just stupidity and arrogance and he was trying to be funny. You know, I think if you actually sat down and had a beer with that guy — again, I haven’t seen him since 1989 — I think you would not come away saying, “My… Read full this story
- Grim tales of when things go wrong right at the death
- A parent’s guide to keeping kids safe on social media
- What is colourism? Beyoncé wouldn't be successful if her skin was darker, says her dad
- London Fashion Week 2018: The celebrity social media accounts you should follow
- Egypt anti-gay raids: LGBT rights activists fear widespread brutal crackdown
- Players attending trial sends wrong message out, MLA tells Ulster Rugby
- Video: Belfast paedophile hunter group's rant at BBC NI man Magee 'attack on media freedom'
- Germany looks to revise social media law as Europe watches
- China tightens screws on social media
- What is The Storm? Conspiracy theory that mysterious White House official leaks secrets
Soledad O’Brien on What’s Wrong (and Right) With the Media have 317 words, post on nymag.com at July 24, 2016. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.