FOOTBALL fans were stumped this morning at the sight of former England cricketer Dominic Cork reporting for Sky Sports News on transfer deadline day.Fans were initially creasing up at the sight of the ex-fast bowler broadcasting from Stoke in what looked a batty decision by Sky bosses – but he has passed the test with a series of competent performances from the club’s training ground.He may have made his name with excellent swing-bowling and being a handy lower order batsman for Derbyshire and Lancashire, but was not caught out by football knowledge when the camera swung back to him.Cork, who played 37 tests for England between 1995 and 2002 and recently became a coach at Derbyshire, is a massive Potters fan and also regularly commentates on domestic and international cricket matches for Sky Sports.He presents on radio station TalkSport where he has cut his teeth – so is a no tail-ender when it comes to broadcasting. Cork holds the record for the best bowling figures by an Englishman on his test cricket debut when he bowled seven for just 43 runs against the West Indies in 1992. But after switching sports, he has already had much to talk about to the presenters back in the Sky studios, reporting on the loan… Read full this story
- Transfer news LIVE: Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal, Juventus, Messi LATEST updates
- Transfer news LIVE: Celtic to land Benitez, Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Spurs – latest
- Transfer news LIVE: Liverpool, Man Utd, Tottenham, Arsenal, Juventus, Messi LATEST updates as Atletico sign Dembele
- Joe Root can challenge Alastair Cook's England record for Test runs, says Mike Atherton
- Whose transfer deadline deal is it anyway? It's time for our Friday Football Quiz!
- Joe Root shows why he is still England's key man despite new-found batting depth
- Joe Root's side face a defining year in Test cricket, with series against India and Australia
- 11pm Chelsea transfer news LIVE: ‘Experienced’ Lampard replacement eyed, Haaland bid planned, Tomori to Milan LATEST
- Sibley and Buttler finish off Sri Lanka to wrap up series victory for England
- Live Cricket Score: Sri Lanka vs England, 2nd Test, Day 1, Galle
Transfer deadline day: Football fans stumped as former England cricketer Dominic Cork reports for Sky on deadline day have 348 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at August 31, 2016. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.