Last week, an official delegation from Eritrea visited Berlin to strengthen bilateral ties with Germany. The visit was seen as controversial, owing to several reports on human rights violations in the African country. DW talked with Yemane Gebreab, political head of Eritrea’s single party and advisor to President Isaias Afwerki. DW: Can you give us an assessment of your stay in Germany? Yemane Gebreab: Well, I think it has been a productive visit for us. We had discussions with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Economic Cooperation and with parliamentarians, and we had a public panel on the situation in Eritrea and in the Horn of Africa in general. So for us this is a phase of re-engaging with Germany and developing partnerships in various sectors. We would like to see a more active German foreign policy and constructive role in the Horn of Africa as well. What makes Germany unique in doing business with Eritrea compared to other Western countries, especially with the US, which seem to be reluctant to engage with Eritrea? Well, I think engagement with Eritrea is growing generally. We are engaged with the European Union; we have a development partnership with the EU,… Read full this story
- Eritrea’s Socio-politically Disjointed Generational Succession
- The long march of Corbyn's Labour
- Nigeria: Investigation
- Ethiopia: The Need to Reinforce Philanthropy Towards Drought Victims
- Ethiopia: What EPRDF and the Government of Ethiopia Should Do to Have Democratic and United Ethiopia?
- Rwanda: HIV Positive Man Feeds on Hamsters to Stay Healthy
- Africa: Fossil Find Offers First Evidence of Four-Legged Aquatic Ancestors in Africa
- Africa: Over 1000 International Delegates Gather in Cape Town to Find Ways of Adapting to Global Climate Change
- Nigeria: OAU Dismisses Professor Involved in Sex-for-Mark Scandal
- Nigeria: Do 80% of Nigerians Lack Safe Drinking Water? It's Worse Than That
Eritrea is building 'its own type of political system' have 303 words, post on www.dw.com at September 13, 2016. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.