The Dow Jones Effect By Nguyen Quan Transactions on Vietnam’s stock market from June 16 to 22 With the Dow Jones index’s surge last week to over the 10,000-point mark, the local stock market regained points. At the close of last week’s trading sessions, the VN-Index stood at 511.18 points, up by 6.9 points, the highest level since May 31. Trading volume on the HOSE increased by 40.9 million units from the last period and was the highest since May 28. On the HOSE, although the buying power was weaker than on the previous Friday, foreign investors still sustained net buying worth nearly VND75 billion of mostly blue chips. Likewise, on the Hanoi bourse, the HNX-Index witnessed four gaining and one losing sessions to close with an increase of 5.12 points or 3.24% at 163.35 points. The trading records for the overall market also rose strongly from last week, with 206 million shares traded (up by 50%) worth more than VND6.55 trillion (up by 53%). On average, the trading record reached 41.2 million shares worth over VND1.31 trillion per session. The point gain and improved liquidity were mainly supported by enterprises’ announcements of profits, issues of additional shares, and new…
- Dow Jones Edges Higher as Boeing 737 MAX Approval Nears, Disney Furloughs Workers
- Dow Jones Rockets 1,300 Points on Pfizer Vaccine News; Boeing Stock Soars; McDonald's Stock Drops Despite Earnings Beat
- Dow Jones Tops 30,000 Again as Boeing and Walgreens Stocks Soar
- Dow Jones Edges Lower as Apple Stock Sinks on China Gaming App Crackdown, Disney Stock Rises on Streaming Price Hike
- Coronavirus economic updates: Biggest single-day surge for Dow since 1933
- Yellen Treasury Pick Lifts Stock Markets; Dow Eyes 30,000
- eBay Inc (EBAY) Q4 2020 Earnings Call Transcript
- Will This Reverse Stock Split Be a Rare Winner?
The Dow Jones Effect have 280 words, post on at October 25, 2016. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.