The father of a missing Perth woman whose body has never been found, says his family was warned about the latest developments in the Claremont serial killings case and is “quite comfortable” with them.
Don Spiers, whose 18-year-old daughter Sarah disappeared in January 1996, posted a video to Facebook to say he and his wife Carol were “OK” following the arrest of a man in relation to the deaths of Jane Rimmer and Ciara Glennon, who both disappeared from Claremont.
Bradley Robert Edwards, 48, from Kewdale has been charged over the murders of Ms Rimmer, who vanished in June 1996, and Ms Glennon, who disappeared in March 1997.
Ms Spiers’ death has constantly been linked to those two cases but police said investigations into her murder remained ongoing.
No charges have been laid in relation to her disappearance.
In the video, Mr Spiers said he was currently overseas with family.
“We are quite comfortable,” he said.
“We have been pre-warned on what was going to happen and the taskforce are in contact with us on a regular basis, giving us updates as to what’s happening.”
Ms Spiers left Claremont’s Club Bay View on January 27, 1996 and, after hailing a taxi, was never seen again.
Earlier this year, Ms Spiers’ parents released a statement to mark 20 years since their daughters’ disappearance, thanking police for their support.
“Words are inadequate to describe our personal loss and heartbreak,” they said in the statement, released in January.
“It’s hard not to wonder what Sarah’s life, and ours, could have been had she not been taken from us.
“She was so full of life and had a great love of family.”
- PS5 Release Date NEWS: Sony PlayStation updates and latest developer gameplay comments
- Serial Dundee shoplifter jailed for breaching latest order
- US Border Patrol agent charged with serial killings
- Latest development on 8 arrests in Stockton
- US border patrol guard revealed as suspected prostitute serial killer
- Who plays Sarah Sugden on Emmerdale, will Debbie Dingle’s daughter die and who is her great-grandma Faith Dingle?
- 'I found serial killer who murdered my brother and his girlfriend on Facebook'
- Horrifying true story behind serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer biopic
- Notorious BTK serial killer claims a ‘demon’ drove him to torture and murder 10 people in never-before-heard confession
- Mrs Doyle knits tea cosy for families of serial killers’ victims