Vietnamese athletes won 39 gold medals and set 14 new records. Among them, 15 year-old swimmer Nguyen Diep Phuong Tram grabbed nine golds and set three records.
Tram is a potential athlete who has gained various impressive achievements at domestic competitions. Particularly at the national swimming championship 2015 in Da Nang, she finished at 27.60 seconds in the 50m butterfly event, breaking the national record set by Nguyen Thi Anh Vien, Vietnam’s top swimmer.
Indonesia came second at the competition with 24 golds, followed by Singapore with 18 golds. The host country Thailand took only one gold.-VNA
- China using intimidation to control Southeast Asian resources: US
- Vietnamese gamer wins Southeast Asian tourney
- Southeast Asian leaders meet FIFA chief amid World Cup bid talks
- Indian shooters look to maximise Olympic quota places in Asian Shooting Championship
- Vietnam to hold first memory championships in April
- Asian Shooting Championships: Deepak Kumar Bags Bronze and 2020 Tokyo Olympics Quota
- Asian rowing championship | Coach Ismail Baig pleased with India’s performance
- Forty Years After Resettlement, Thousands of Southeast Asian Refugees Face Deportation
- Southeast Asian nations defy Donald Trump's trade protectionism
- Vietnam maintain Southeast Asia reign in latest FIFA rankings