WASHINGTON, Jan 20 – Donald Trump took power as the 45th president of the United States on Friday and pledged to end what he called an “American carnage” of rusted factories and crime in an inaugural address that was a populist and nationalist rallying cry. WASHINGTON, Jan 20 – Donald Trump took power as the 45th president of the United States on Friday and pledged to end what he called an “American carnage” of rusted factories and crime in an inaugural address that was a populist and nationalist rallying cry. Striking a defiant tone, Trump said American workers have been devastated by the outsourcing of jobs abroad. “From this day forward it’s going to be only America First,” the Republican told thousands of people gathered on the National Mall to see him take over from Democrat Barack Obama. With Obama and three other former presidents sitting nearby, Trump accused previous U.S. administrations of enriching Washington at the expense of struggling American families. Underscoring the deep divisions in the country, protests against Trump turned ugly in downtown Washington. Black-clad activists smashed store windows, blocked traffic and fought with police in riot gear who responded with tear gas and stun grenades. Police…
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Goes After Trump On Climate: America Is More Than One 'Meshugge'
- Trump 'Has Isolated America and Taken Us Backwards,' Former Secretary of State Kerry Says
- Trump Guilt Trips America In Self-Pitying 'Happy New Year' Video
- Mitt Romney Is Jealous of Trump, President's 2020 Campaign Manager Says
- Trump vs. Macron: France's President Warns of Nationalist Forces With ‘No Memory,’ Says Europe Must Unite to Prevent World ‘Chaos’
- Leftist sworn in as Mexico’s president, pledges transformation of nation
- Trump is Leading America Down a CO2 Highway to Disaster
- Liar in Chief: Trump’s first Oval Office speech, a litany of lies
- How the Trump presidency made me a better American
- Mitt Romney Is Jealous of Trump_ President's 2020 Campaign Manager Says
Trump, now president, pledges to put 'America First' in nationalist speech have 311 words, post on at January 20, 2017. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.