President-elect Donald Trump’s pick to head the Environmental Protection Agency, Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt, said he plans to review the Obama administration’s recent decision to secure fuel efficiency standards through 2025.Last week, outgoing EPA administrator Gina McCarthy bumped up the timeline for the final determination on the fuel efficiency rule in the hopes of maintaining the Obama administration’s climate legacy.“It merits review and I would review that,” Pruitt said at yesterday’s Senate confirmation hearing. Later that same day, Pruitt confirmed that he would not permit California to continue operating under its own rules as part of its 2009 advanced clean cars program and zero emission vehicle mandates.As predicted, California isn’t interested in being told what to do. The California Air Resources Board released a report Wednesday considering the future of zero-emission vehicles. CARB says it considers the current national efforts to promote electrification and reduce emissions to be tolerable, but not exactly robust. It says if federal emissions standards are drastically altered by the Trump administration, the state would have to reconsider whether or not to keep its policies synchronized with Washington’s.“The message we want to send is that post-2025 California is moving not just to moderate, but to very aggressive, stringency on greenhouse gases and… Read full this story
- California Fires Fueled by Drought So Bad It's ‘Negative Rain’
- After Soul Searching, Gov. Gavin Newsom Will Halt Executions in California
- California Prosecutors Move to Clear Old Pot Convictions
- More #MeToo BS: Johnny Depp Claims Amber Heard Abused Him
- How Climate Change Has Turned Rainy Season Into Fire Season in California
- Devin Nunes, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Square Off Over Straw Bans, Socialism
- National Guard to help protect California towns from fires
- The Grid: Paying homage to Logan Square’s roots with Mexican, Latin picks
- ‘Progressive Prosecutor’: Can Kamala Harris Square the Circle?
- California pulls National Guard from border to protect towns from fires
Washington D.C. and California Square Off for Years of BS have 315 words, post on www.thetruthaboutcars.com at January 19, 2017. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.