ARLINGTON, Va. – Every now and then, at least when his black 2016 GMC Yukon isn’t plowing through the same stretch of I-5 in southern California, Shea Theodore will punch his name into Eliteprospects.com, a hockey resource website. Once his player page loads, the 21-year-old defenseman scrolls to the section labeled, “Transactions.” Then he looks at the list and starts counting.“It’s pretty f—— long,” Theodore says, laughing. “When you’re up and down so often, you don’t realize how many it’s actually been.”Save the truly special talents, most young players at some point experience the swings of reassignments and recalls, to and from the NHL. It’s standard procedure, part of the growing process. But Theodore’s travel tally stretches to comically long lengths. When the Anaheim Ducks reassigned him to their AHL affiliate in San Diego last Friday, it was their 13th official time doing so this season alone. Even with some of these existing as paper transactions meant to save money against the cap that don’t require Theodore to report—the AHL’s ledger has seven of the 13 stints lasting either one or two days—no one else has physically shuttled more often between levels, either. In other words, Theodore is leading the… Read full this story
- Business Breakfast LIVE: Lord Rose warns over Mike Ashley's plans for retail 'oligopoly'
- Caught in the sun
- I felt like my life was over when my baby died after three days – now I long for people to ask me his name
- Bomber caught in the act of booby-trapping policeman's car gets 25-year jail term for 'sophisticated terrorist plot'
- Exploited at every turn: The lives of Italy's Chinese prostitutes
- Coping with school and family life
- Void CHamoru leases leave families in limbo
- BBC Devon & Cornwall Live: 12 March
- BBC Devon & Cornwall Live: 7 March
- Cork student urges families to have organ donor conversation after been given 'a new life'
Caught in the middle: Shea Theodore living a life of limbo between NHL, AHL have 314 words, post on www.foxsports.com at February 21, 2017. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.