Speaking at the ceremony, Deputy Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism Huynh Vinh Ai said that Vietnam’s tourism has developed strongly in the recent years. In 2015, the tourism sector has welcomed approximately 8 million international visitors, 57 million domestic tourists, and reached 330.000 billion VND from tourism revenue, the Deputy Minister added.
Deputy Minister Huynh Vinh Ai stressed the successful organisation of the 2016 National Tourism Year plays an important role, contributing to promote and advertise the country’s image, improve the quality of tourism products and raise the awareness of social communities for tourism development.
The opening ceremony is one of various tourism, cultural, artistic and sport activities in the 2016 National Tourism Year.
On the occasion, Kien Giang province received a certificate recognising the U Minh Thuong National Park as a Wetland of International Importance (Ramsar Site).
The U Minh Thuong National Park is the 2,228th Ramsar Site in the world and the 8th of its kind in Vietnam.
The park obtains significant biological, cultural and historical value.
The park’s recognition as a Ramsar Site in the world also opens up opportunities for Kien Giang province to tap its potential and strengths, develop eco-tourism and preserve valuable flora and fauna.
In the same day, the province organised a ceremony to celebrate the 280th anniversary of Chieu Anh Cac Literary Coterie.
The annual Tao Dan Chieu Anh festival aims to introduce the tradition, culture and people of Ha Tien town, which is considered a cradle of literature in the southern part of Vietnam.
The ceremony also includes various art and poetry activities, music performances and flower shows with the main theme of praising the love of homeland.
The Mekong Delta province of Kien Giang is home to many popular tourist sites such as the U Minh Thuong National Park, the Giant Buddha Pagoda and Phu Quoc Island.
- Tennessee Vols athletic department operated at $10.8M surplus for 2016-17 fiscal year
- Pod Bros: 'Openly Hostile' National Media 'Lost Its Mind' By Criticizing Beto
- St. Cloud YMCA nearly doubles membership since opening new building 1 year ago
- Exhibition of criminal Charles Bronson's works opens at national Army Museum
- Ellis Island Opened To Immigrants 127 Years Ago
- Here's what is open, closed on New Year's Day
- Enbridge delays Line 3 pipeline opening in Minnesota by year
- Fern Britton opens up about 18-year marriage to This Morning chef Phil Vickery
- Thailand stands to lose £1.6bn in tourism revenue if protests continue
- The Rise of Halal Tourism