During President Donald Trump’s address to a joint session of Congress Tuesday night, Trump honored the US Navy SEAL killed in combat during a raid in Yemen. William “Ryan” Owens was among more than two dozen people killed during the January raid – the first armed services mission ordered by Trump as commander-in-chief. “Ryan died as he lived – a warrior, a hero, battling against terrorism, and securing our nation,” Trump said. The chamber erupted in applause. “Ryan’s legacy is etched into eternity. Thank you,” Trump said, turning toward Owens’ widow, Carryn, who was seated next to Ivanka Trump. Owens stood, visibly emotional, and joined in a standing ovation that stretched on for nearly two minutes. “Ryan is looking down right now, you know that, and I think he’s very happy because I think he just broke a record,” Trump quipped referring to the extended round of applause. “Ryan laid down his life for his friends, for his country, and for our freedom. And we will never forget Ryan.” The moment was one of the strongest highlights of Trump’s well-received first address to Congress. Following the speech, Democratic CNN commentator Van Jones said Trump “became president of the United States… Read full this story
- ‘No, You Lost Ryan’: Democratic Rep. Slams Trump For Saying Military Lost Navy SEAL in Yemen Raid
- President Trump Travels to Delaware to Receive Remains of Navy SEAL Killed in Raid
- Bill Maher: The Media ‘Fell Hard’ for Trump Exploiting Navy SEAL Ryan Owens’ Widow
- Trump on Criticism From Navy SEAL’s Father: Yemen Raid Mission ‘Was Started Before I Got Here’
- ‘His Son Died a Hero’: Spicer Responds to Slain Navy SEAL’s Dad Calling Yemen Mission ‘Stupid’
- Meghan McCain Blasts Ex-Navy SEAL for Taking a Shot at Her Dad for Crashing Planes
- Ryan Owens’ Widow Gets Emotional as She’s Given Long Standing Ovation at Trump’s Address
- Sorry President Trump, You Don’t Get to Honor Ryan Owens if You Won’t Take Responsibility for His Death
- Why Did Donald Trump Disrespect the Memory of All Those Soldiers Who Died in Iraq?
- ‘They Didn’t Lose Him — We Did, We All Did’: Jake Tapper Takes on Trump’s ‘They Lost Ryan’ Comment
‘Ryan’s legacy is etched into eternity’: Trump lauds Navy SEAL killed in Yemen raid have 365 words, post on www.businessinsider.sg at February 28, 2017. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.