VietNamNet Bridge – A new cultural and music project to introduce Viet Nam to people at home and abroad has been launched by several TV stations and HCM City organisations.
It has received support from the HCM City Department of Tourism, HCM City Television (HTV) and Youth Cultural House.
The project aims to introduce the beauty of famous landscapes and tourist sites.
It includes three programmes featuring several hundred artists in different fields. It begins airing this week and will run throughout the year.
The first programme will include a music contest for composers and a live concert. Both events feature 50 veteran and young artists.
Organisers will release a series of three music videos (MVs) called Viet Nam-Que Huong Toi (Viet Nam-My Motherland) in the second programme.
Pop stars Ho Ngoc Ha, Dam Vinh Hung and Ho Quynh Huong, young musicians such as Nguyen Hong Thuan and Duong Khac Linh will perform in the MVs. They will sing Vietnamese songs in praise of country and people.
The MVs will air on HTV channels and HCM City radio and other provinces and cities.
A TV show on famous tourist destinations of Viet Nam will be highlighted in the third programme, called Que Huong Toi-Viet Nam Tuoi Dep (My Motherland-Beautiful Viet Nam).
Each 20-minute episode of the 52-part series will capture a taste of the country’s culture, lifestyle and cuisine.
It will be broadcast on HTV9 every Friday morning and Sunday evening.
- The future 50: the rising music stars to look out for
- Hands off our music!
- Meek Mill dropping new summer music in 'a few weeks'
- VN - Sri Lanka friendship marked with classical concert
- Japanese culture leaves impression on Quang Nam
- Party resolution encourages Vietnam’s international cultural integration
- Surviving R Kelly: what we can learn from the shocking new series
- Don Cheadle hosts 'SNL' with musical guest Gary Clark Jr.
- Idris Elba to host 'SNL' with musical guest Khalid
- The '90s are back in the Kimmel's 'Cruel Intentions' musical