HÃ Ná»I – Eighty-six per cent of firms listed on the HÃ Ná»i Stock Exchange (HNX) posted profits during the first quarter of this year.
The northern bourse said it got the results from the latest financial reports of 372 out of 379 enterprises listed.
According to the reports, 319 companies had profits with a combined after-tax profit value of VNÄ3.06 trillion (US$136 million) recorded in Q1/2016, an increase of 3.6 per cent over the same period last year.
However, 50 companies suffered losses totalling VNÄ193 billion, a rise of 68 per cent from the same period last year.
This means that HNX businesses achieved a net profit of VNÄ2.9 trillion in Q1/2016, up 1 per cent year-on-year.
During Q1/2016, 104 enterprises in the industrial sector showed the best business results, generating a combined profit of VNÄ949 billion, or 31 per cent of all profits.
Twenty-five financial businesses were the runners-up with a combined profit of VNÄ898 billion, equivalent to 29 per cent of all profits.
Next were commercial and accommodation service businesses, whose profits amounted to VNÄ467 billion, or 15 per cent of all profits.
Industrial companies also accounted for the largest ratio among the losers, however. Twelve industrial firms suffered a combined loss of VNÄ65 billion, or 34 per cent of all losses.
Mineral, oil and gas enterprises were next with a combined loss of VNÄ59 billion, or 31 per cent of all losses.
They were followed by construction businesses, which had a combined loss of VNÄ28 billion, equivalent to 15 per cent of all losses.
On the Unlisted Public Company Market (UPCoM), 58 out of 76 firms have released financial reports.
The reports revealed that 43 enterprises generated profits with a total after-tax profit value of nearly VNÄ1.3 trillion in Q1/2016, down 7 per cent over the same period last year.
Nine enterprises suffered losses amounting to VNÄ173 billion in Q1/2016, up 13 per cent year-on-year.
Overall, businesses on the UPCoM had a net profit of nearly VNÄ1.1 trillion in the first quarter of this year, a year-on-year decline of 9 per cent. – VNS
- The decorative coatings market was $25229.52 million in 2017 and is estimated grow with CAGR of 4.24%
- Vietnam’s Labor Newspaper, Where a Staff of 200 Reports on Abuses at Home and Abroad
- Pro-life group urges Doug Jones to support Kavanaugh
- Last wishes? Church urges parishioners to create end of life plan
- Veterans: Here's how to get free office space for your small business
- Interpace Diagnostics Group Reports Second Quarter 2018 Financial Results, Business Progress and Recent Accomplishments
- Stents Market is expected to reach $14, 838.24 million by 2023, with a CAGR of 5.6 %
- NUGL Expands Innovative Cannabis Platform to Entire North American Market
- Global Ambulatory Surgical Centers Market to Witness a CAGAR of 3.5% during 2018-2024
- Global mHealth Market Research and Forecast 2018-2023