Over the past few months, AMD has made plenty of waves with the preview of the Zen architecture followed by the full-blown launch of the Ryzen 7 processors. While the Ryzen 7 CPUs aren’t perfect, they’re a huge improvement from AMD’s previous high-end CPU offerings, the FX-series. But those are all desktop parts, and the real star of AMD’s Zen architecture might just prove to be the server processors, codenamed Naples.One of the key design elements of AMD’s Zen architecture is that it’s supposed to be highly scalable. Instead of the lower performance, low-power ‘cat’ cores (Bobcat, Jaguar, Puma) and the higher performance, high-power ‘heavy equipment’ parts (Bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller, Excavator), AMD is using a single architecture to cover the whole spectrum of computing performance. From ultraportable devices through laptops, and on to desktops and servers, Zen is the intended solution. To make all of this work properly, AMD reworked many of the fundamental building blocks for Zen, with the Infinity Fabric being one of the major changes.We’ve known about AMD’s Naples CPU for a while, and AMD has publicly demonstrated working silicon on a few occasions. Last month, we got the chance to see exactly what Naples brings to… Read full this story
- AMD Naples 16 Core 32 Thread CPU Spotted, Taking On Intel In 2017
- AMD comes clean on Zen core details, high-bandwidth memory for Radeon
- Leaked AMD roadmap points to Zen 2 processors in 2019
- AMD Radeon Vega FE CrossFire Benchmarks Show The GPUs Scale Almost Perfectly
- AMD's new Ryzen CPU: details and expectations
- AMD Zen Enterprise Roadmap Leaked, 14nm 32-core Naples CPU, 7nm 48-core Starship CPU
- Zen Based 16 Core/32 Thread AMD Ryzen CPU In The Works?
- AMD brings VR to the masses with new RX 480 video card, teases Zen product launch
- AMD Zen 2 & 3 To Aggressively Use Process Technology & Architecture
AMD Naples shows off how crazily Zen can scale have 303 words, post on www.pcgamer.com at March 7, 2017. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.