The Hanoitimes – A four-day Hanoi Gift Show 2016 will be held from October 17 to 20 in the Capital, Deputy Director of the municipal Department of Industry and Trade Tran Thi Phuong Lan told a press conference on October 14.
Press conference for Hanoi Gift Show 2016
With 245 exhibitors at home and abroad showcasing their products at 630 stalls, the upcoming event will include exhibitors from Vietnam and other countries in the region. This event will showcase products like home decor and handicraft products, indoor and outdoor furniture, home textiles and embroidery, gifts and ethnic items, personal accessories, toys and more.
The event’s organisers described the event as a good opportunity for handicraft producers and traders from across the country to advertise and promote their products, seek new customers, expand their export markets, and take advantage of the free trade agreements that Vietnam has signed.
According to Lan, as many as 600 foreign importers from 35 countries and territories registered to join the event. A total of 1,285 memoranda of understanding (MoU) and contracts were signed at the previous show. Of that figure, 865 contracts worth 150 million USD were reached with foreign importers. Total retail sales of goods at the show exceeded 10 billion VND (450,000 USD). On display will be handicrafts and interior décor, indoor and outdoor wooden furniture, textile and embroidery, gifts made by ethnic groups and personal jewelry.
The event, annually organised in October by the municipal People’s Committee and Department of Industry and Trade, is part of a series of the largest handicraft fairs in Asia, aims to introduce Vietnam’s products and seek networking to boost exports.
- Plans revealed to open cafe bar 3 HOURS earlier (but residents aren't happy!)
- November 2016 UK Independence Party leadership election
- B&Q Christmas 2018 hours – what time is the store open over the Christmas holiday and New Year?
- OPEN Norwich announces big names and returning favourites for year ahead
- Who is Australian Open finalist Karolina Pliskova and when did she marry her agent Michal Hrdlicka?
- Hanoi strives to improve air quality
- Hundreds of furious House of Fraser customers STILL chasing refunds and gift card replacements
- Paul Kimmage meets Shane Lowry: Lessons learned from social media, US Open heartbreak and the long road back
- 10 gift ideas that will see you fall in love with local this Valentine’s Day
- Snap up last-minute Christmas bargains with these shopping centre gift blags — plus win £15,000 on the Sun Savers Raffle