Q: How have Vietnamese athletes prepared for the 2014 Asian Para Games? A: Vietnamese athletes will compete in six of 23 sports at the second Asian Para Games, namely swimming, table tennis, powerlifting, athletics, bowling and badminton. All 45 participants have satisfied the qualification criteria for the Games, via their performance and point accumulation at international Para tournaments, in line with the regulations applied by the International Paralympic Committee (IPC) and Asian Paralympic Committee (APC) since 2014. Vietnam sent three weightlifters to compete in the 2014 IPC Powerlifting World Championships in Dubai, United Arab Emirates from April 2-11, winning one silver medal by Le Van Cong in the men’s 49kg category. All three of these athletes are eligible for the Incheon Para Games. Eleven Vietnamese athletes brought home six gold, seven silver and five bronze medals from the IPC Athletics Grand Prix in Beijing April 10-17, with all of them securing berth in Incheon. Another four also made their way through to the Asian Para Games after competing in the 2014 IPC Athletics Grand Prix Italian Open Championships in Grosseto, Italy, from 27 May – 2 June. Vietnam’s eight contestants met the swimming eligibility criteria for the Incheon Games following…
- Bruins fans deserved better effort, fate in Game 1
- Who owns Asian food? Twin Cities chefs' panel tackles 'authenticity'
- Ly Tong, legendary Vietnamese American political protester, dying at hospital in San Diego
- The Cajun Vietnamese fusion at LA Crawfish won’t disappoint
- Saudi Arabia's crown prince pledges to fight terror with India
- Southeast Asian community faces uphill battle for mental health
- EDITORIAL: Every new delay makes it more likely Asian carp will invade Lake Michigan
- Isodiol International Inc. Co-Sponsors at ASD Market Week Alongside Asian American Trade Associations Council (AATAC)
- Q&A: Cambodian chef helps home cooks master Southeast Asian cuisine
- I'm An Asian Woman Engaged To A White Man And, Honestly, I'm Struggling With That
Nhandan Newspaper - Vietnamese delegation pledges utmost efforts at Asian Para Games have 312 words, post on at March 25, 2017. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.