- People with learning disabilities, mental health disorders have unique strengths, experts say
- More than 6 million children receive special education services in the United States
(CNN)There are numerous examples of people with learning disabilities and mental health disorders doing extraordinary things: the child on the autism spectrum who is masterful at putting together incredibly intricate Lego creations, the young person with Asperger’s syndrome who knows more about presidential history than most adults, the child with dyslexia who is a master chef in the kitchen.
‘You have a lot of entrepreneurs who have ADD’
‘She could see something that other people could not’
‘Look for their strength’
- Marijuana may help combat substance abuse, mental health disorders
- People with mental health disorders at risk of stroke, study finds
- Addiction and Mental Health: How the Two Coincide
- 3 Ways Every Mom Should Try to Better the Mental Health of Kids
- Diet and Nutrition: Proven Factors Affecting Mental Health
- Zinc Deficiency and its Role in Mental Health
- The N.B.A. Has a New Mental Health Plan. What About the W.N.B.A?
- Too much sugar may harm men's mental health
- How To Get The Mental Health Care You Need For Under $10, Under $25, And Under $100
- Survey: Colleges struggling to meet mental health needs of students