Celebrations for the 70th anniversary of August Revolution and National Day of Vietnam took place in Australia, Angola, the US and Singapore on August 28.
The Vietnamese Consulate General in Perth city, the Western Australia state, was packed with 350 distinguished guests and Vietnamese nationals, who were treated with Vietnamese and Australian folk music and shows of VietnamÃ¢ÂÂs traditional long dress.
Vietnamese Consul General Le Viet Duyen expressed his belief in his speech that the bilateral ties would be stronger in the coming time.
Senator James Edward Chown, on behalf of the Governor and Minister of Multi-racial Interests of Western Australia, congratulated Vietnam on its achievements over the past 70 years.
The country has become a key trade partner of the state with two-way trade hitting 1.2 billion AUD last year, he observed, adding that the Vietnamese student community has formed the fifth largest in Perth.
In Angola, Vietnamese Ambassador Do Ba Khoa underscored the historic significance of the August Revolution and National Day.
He believed that with political determination and trust between Vietnamese and Angolan leaders, relationship between the two countries will ascend to a new level, particularly in the fields of agriculture, aquaculture, civil construction, oil and gas, telecommunications, processing technology, public security, social welfare and labour, health care, education, trade and science-technology.
The Director of the Department of International Relations under the ruling Popular Movement for the Liberation of Angola, Pedro Chaves, together with 300 guests, had a chance to taste traditional food of Vietnam and Angola.
On the occasion, the Vietnamese embassy in coordination with the Vietnamese Association and Association of Vietnamese Businesspeople in Angola launched the 2015 Vietnam Golf Championship in Angola.
Similar celebrations were held in the headquarters of Vietnamese Consulate General in Houston, Texas state of the US as well as the Vietnamese embassy in Singapore.-VNA
- Labor Day's best shopping deals
- Nation briefs for August 16
- Highland Park 100: The City of Trees celebrates its centennial
- The star money: Behind Chinese celebrities’ multimillion-dollar VC funds
- NBC5 Forecast: The next several days will be hot and dry.
- Readers sound off on Memorial Day, the Puerto Rican Day Parade and free parking
- Jeffrey Osborne Celebrity Classic
- Prescott Valley police chief who misplaced handgun suspended for two days
- Signing day: 5 signees who can make instant impact for IU football
- VIDEO: Stefon Diggs and the NFL’s best Week 1 celebrations