Dhaka (VNA) â Chairman of the Vietnamese National Assemblyâs Committee for External Relations Nguyen Van Giau highlighted the significance of gender equality and womenâs rights at the 275th meeting of the Executive Committee of the 136th Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU) Assembly in Bangladeshâs capital of Dhaka on March 30-31.Giau said over the past year, IPU has actively promoted gender equality and empowerment of women, which have helped ensure sustainable and comprehensive development in each country and the whole world as well. He held that women have played an increasingly important role in the political, economic and social life as well as in the maintenance of peace and security, process of peace building and reconstruction, and settlement of global challenges. Vietnam applauded the United Arab Emirates (UAE)âs hosting of the Global Summit of Women Speakers of Parliament which issued a statement affirming their commitments and actions to improving gender equality for a world of stability, prosperity and development, Giau stated. The legislator said the IPU hopes for countriesâ engagement in the global development agenda in line with the spirit of the 132th IPU Assemblyâs Hanoi statement of âTurning worlds to actionsâ. Giau also said Vietnam will host an IPU conference for the…
- Protesters descend on London to highlight fight for gender equality
- Damning report says no country will achieve gender equality before 203
- May urges today's politicians to continue suffragettes' struggle towards gender equality
- Report shows 'no long-term improvement of gender equality' in British film industry
- What can Iceland teach Europe about gender equality?
- Dorset's newest Youth Parliament members pledge support for gender equality and better rural transport
- Michael Sheen ‘honoured' to join gender equality march
- Landmarks light up in support of Mayor's gender-equality campaign
- March4Women: Thousands rally for gender equality in London
- Why 2018 is a pivotal year for rebalancing gender equality in the gaming sector
Vietnam highlights gender equality at IPU meeting have 310 words, post on at April 2, 2017. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.