The long wait came to an end for fans this week when they got the first trailer, and a glimpse of Kelly Marie Tran’s character. The largely testosterone-fueled Star Wars movie franchise has added an important new female character in the eighth film, “Star Wars: The Last Jedi”, director Rian Johnson said on Friday at a fanfest in Orlando. Johnson said the movie, scheduled for release in December, is still in post production. Vietnamese-American Kelly Marie Tran plays Rose, a maintenance worker in the Resistance. Johnson said her character embodies the notion that even the most unlikely person can step up and become a hero. He said her part is the biggest new role in the film. Lucasfilm also live-streamed to fans worldwide the first movie trailer that features Rey, played by Daisy Ridley, wielding a light saber under the guidance of Luke Skywalker who tells her that it’s time for the Jedi to end. Ridley was brought into the franchise in the seventh movie, “The Force Awakens,” as a lead character. Fans have been expecting Lucasfilm to add more females to the cast. According to Variety, Tran was a fan of the space saga before landing the role and… Read full this story
- John Boyega says Disney 'sidelined' his Star Wars character Finn over his race
- The iconic Star Wars characters The Mandalorian fans are desperate to see in season 2 on Disney+
- Star Wars : tous les nouveaux films et séries à venir sur Disney Plus
- Carrie Fisher Remembered on Her Birthday by Star Wars Family and Princess Leia Fans
- 'Star Wars' fans blame J.J. Abrams after Daisy Ridley reveals alternate plot line for 'The Rise of Skywalker'
- Who is Boba Fett in Mandalorian and did Temuera Morrison play Jango in Star Wars films?
- The Last Jedi Director Shares Candid Never-Before-Seen Image of Carrie Fisher
- Most influential Hispanic Americans in Hollywood’s film industry
- Jyn Erso Has Unfinished Business Claims Rogue One Star Felicity Jones
- ‘American Housewife’ Recasts Anna-Kat Role With Giselle Eisenberg As Julia Butters Exits ABC Comedy
Vietnamese-American actress poised for stardom in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' have 337 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at April 15, 2017. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.