Arsenal (home to Everton on Sunday) P 37 Pts 72 GD +31 How did it come to this? Arsène Wenger cannot understand it. As he has pointed out more than once, his team have 72 points – one more than they finished with last season, when they came in second. If they were to beat Everton on Sunday, they would have 75, and no club has missed out on the top four with such a haul. Put it down to the extreme competitiveness of the top six but Arsenal’s regrets will centre upon the car-crash defeats at home to Watford and away against West Bromwich Albion and Crystal Palace. More generally, it has been a season of tension and hostility. How many Arsenal players or fans have actually enjoyed it? What would it mean for the club to miss out on the Champions League? The financial hit would be significant, even though the club have noted that the Europa League is worth more to its participants these days. But the major damage would be on the sporting front and, having enjoyed platinum membership to Europe’s most exclusive football club, it would be deeply frustrating to be on the outside looking… Read full this story
- Arsenal would not break from Premier League for European league – Venkatesham
- Manchester United's Marouane Fellaini fires defiant message to Manchester City
- Will Manchester City end the Premier League season unbeaten? Our reporters deliver their verdict
- Manchester City v Burnley
- Riyad Mahrez fires Manchester City back to the top after pitch battle with Tottenham
- Weekend in sport: Manchester City extend winning run; Federer goes down; F1 fisticuffs
- Late Lacazette equaliser clinches draw for Arsenal against Liverpool
- Failing to beat Arsenal could cost Liverpool their title challenge
- Juventus show why they hired Sarri in beating Inter. PLUS: Are Man City in crisis?
- Juventus showed why it hired Sarri in beating Inter; Plus: Is Man City in crisis?
Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester City: what missing Champions League would mean have 308 words, post on www.theguardian.com at May 19, 2017. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.