LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) Todd Pletcher will saddle three horses in the Kentucky Derby, a race that features no clear favorite and a chance of early rain. The 20-horse field for Saturday’s Kentucky Derby lacks a dominant runner. Classic Empire is the 4-1 pre-race choice. Two horses, Always Dreaming and McCraken, are the co-second choices at 5-1. Toss in the threat of rain early in the day, which could soak well-dressed racegoers wearing fancy hats, and it all makes for a most unpredictable Derby. Post time is about 6:50 p.m. ET. Pletcher will run 5-1 shot Always Dreaming, 20-1 Tapwrit and 30-1 Patch, the one-eyed horse. Pletcher is 1 for 45 in the Derby. With no left eye, Patch will only see the crowd as he breaks from the far outside spot in the gate. Jockey Tyler Gaffalione figures to hustle him over to the rail to save ground as the field makes its way to the traffic-choked first turn. Steve Asmussen also has three runners, and they’re all longshots: 15-1 Hence, 20-1 Lookin at Lee, and 30-1 Untrapped. He is winless in 15 tries, the only hole in his Hall of Fame resume. ”The Kentucky Derby would look really good… Read full this story
- Gary Stevens: 'Everybody knows the Kentucky Derby. It's America's race'
- Omaha Beach scratched from Kentucky Derby days before race
- 2020 Kentucky Derby odds, predictions: Expert who has hit 9 Derby-Oaks Doubles makes early picks
- Kentucky Derby favorite Omaha Beach scratched with breathing issue
- Rebel Stakes odds, predictions 2020: Expert who has nailed 9 Derby doubles reveals picks
- Derby 0 Man Utd 3: Odion Ighalo rains on Wayne Rooney’s parade as Red Devils coast into FA Cup quarters
- Derby 0-3 Man Utd: Odion Ighalo fires United into FA Cup quarter-finals
- Manchester United reporter notebook: Bruno Fernandes effect, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's derby inexperience
- College basketball scores, winners & losers: Kentucky's rally and Virginia's resurrection highlight the day
- Man Utd complete derby double over City
Kentucky Derby lacks dominant runner, chance of early rain have 311 words, post on www.foxsports.com at May 5, 2017. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.