People’s Artist Le Ngoc Canh is known as Vietnam’s first dance professor For his great contributions in this field Canh has received the Ho Chi Minh Award for Literature and Arts. In his 70 years dance career, 85-year-old Le Ngoc Canh has held a number of positions, including Deputy Head of the Institute of Cultural Studies and Vice President of the Vietnam Dancers’ Association. Canh first came to the field of dance more or less by chance. In 1946, he was assigned to the revolutionary dance troupe, and he has been involved with dance ever since. Canh recalled “In 1947, I moved to Viet Bac revolutionary base and lived with ethnic people for 9 years. I got very interested in the dances of the ethnic groups. Several years later, I produced some dances as a choreographer. My work gradually improved with the help of colleagues”. Later, Canh pursued dance training inside and outside Vietnam. Canh has choreographed and performed 170 works, many of which have won domestic or international prizes. Mr. Canh said “In 1972, I took a doctoral degree in dance. Though I was trained in Eastern Europe, I am keen on working with Vietnam’s dances. I’ve done research… Read full this story
- Desi Bands tells the story of a disappearing community of folk singers and dancers around Punjab and Rajasthan
- Grave sculptures of Vietnam's Central Highlands
- Vietnam’s financial markets respond positively to Fed rate cut
- Vietnam-Japan Culture Exchange Festival opens in Da Nang
- E&Y: Where is fintech in Vietnam?
- Brazilian businesses encouraged to land investment in Vietnam
- Vietnam becomes tech hub in Southeast Asia: EETimes Asia
- Natalie Gumede may be forced to miss this week's Strictly Come Dancing due to back injury
- UK radiotherapy revolution: Seven leading institutions will usher in a 'new era' in £56million project to personalise the cancer treatment and reduce its side effects
- Ageism may increase people's risk of ill-health, study finds
People’s Artist Le Ngoc Canh – Vietnam’s leading folk dance researcher have 326 words, post on english.vov.vn at May 20, 2017. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.