‘Modi’s China diplomacy signals a great change in India’s attitude towards that nation — from a defensive posture maintained over several decades to that of equal, controlled aggression,’ reveals Uday Mahurkar in his fascinating new book, Marching with a Billion: Analysing Narendra Modi’s Government at Midterm . IMAGE: Prime Minister Narendra Modi greets Chinese President Xi Jinping at the ceremonial reception at Rashtrapati Bhavan, September 18, 2014. Photograph: MEA/Flickr China is, of course, blocking India’s entry into the Nuclear Suppliers Group by using its veto (in the 34-member body, the entry is through a unanimous resolution by the member nations). The chances of India getting into the NSG in the near future appear weak despite the fact that the US has publicly committed to make India a member. As a result of India’s strident stand against China on many issues, the Communist nation is sullen with India and not going to yield easily on India’s NSG bid. Many observers believe that despite China’s hard position against India, Modi is building up enough pressure on China to get a good bargaining position with it in the times to come. But this view is severely contested by another set of observers who… Read full this story
- Another one in the bag? Truss to push ahead with £46billion trade deal talks in India
- Narendra Modi to attend Glasgow climate meet
- EXPLAINED: The Acquisitions And Deals Reliance Is Using To Give Shape To Its Green Goals
- India to seek Taliban accountability based on UNSC resolution 2593
- Explained | What is UNSC Resolution 2593 and how will it contain the Afghanistan crisis?
- S Jaishankar pushes for firmer ties with ASEAN to seize post-Covid prospects
- PepsiCo Inc (PEP) Q3 2020 Earnings Call Transcript
- Emerging Climate Accord Could Push A/C Out of Sweltering India’s Reach
- The Procter & Gamble Company (PG) Q1 2022 Earnings Call Transcript
- COP26: Russia's President Vladimir Putin will not attend climate change summit in Glasgow, Kremlin announces
How Modi plans to deal with China have 317 words, post on www.rediff.com at July 6, 2017. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.