NDO –Over 5,000 people joined a walk at Nguyen Hue Walking Street in Ho Chi Minh City, on the morning of August 6, to support the launch and the participation of the Vietnamese sporting delegation at the 29th Southeast Asian (SEA) Games in Malaysia.
The event was jointly held by the Vietnam Olympic Committee and the Ho Chi Minh City Department of Culture and Sports.
Speaking at the event, Tran Duc Phan, Deputy General Director of the Vietnam Sport Administration and Chef-de-mission of the Vietnam sport delegation, said that the Vietnamese sporting delegation will compete at the 29th SEA Games, to be held in Kuala Lumpur from August 11 to September 1, and comprises of 681 of members, including 476 athletes.
Vietnamese athletes will compete in 32 out of the 38 sports and have set a goal of winning at least 60 gold medals to rank third place, Phan added.
In particular, the Vietnamese sporting delegation has 200 members from the South of the country who will compete in 14 out of the 38 sports and will strive to win 10 to 12 gold medals in athletics, swimming and gymnastics.
In addition to the walk, the sporting delegation from the South also participated in a Taekwondo musical performance, artistic performances and other sporting activities.
- Vietnam’s U22 team drawn in Group B of SEA Games 30
- Economy Impacts Sporting Event Attendance
- Far out: Myanmar's first surfing team to take off at SEA Games
- Animation Challenges in Drawing People Walking - Sequence Sketching
- Animation Challenges of Drawing People Walking With a Limp
- I Want a Divorce, Lonely People Walking a Lonely Path
- Amazon launches local team to support Vietnamese enterprises go global
- Do You Build Sidewalks Where People Walk?
- Atlanta delegate attends FIDF national gala, helping raise $37M
- The Direct TV DVR Saves Sports Fans From Missing the Game