President Donald Trump returned to Phoenix for a rally Tuesday. Check back for updates.The mayor of Phoenix and the Phoenix police chief declared success on Tuesday night following a speech by Trump that ended with streets filled with tear gas.“The good news is the job of the Phoenix Police Department tonight was to make sure that everyone got home safely,” Mayor Greg Stanton said. “The good news is that is exactly what occurred in Phoenix tonight.”Two people were arrested on suspicion of aggravated assault on a police officer, said Police Chief Jeri Williams. Another person was arrested earlier in the day on an unrelated warrant, Williams said.Reporters questioning the mayor and chief, some of whom were present as the scene unfolded, said they heard no verbal warnings and that there was little provocation. One described the scene as chaotic.The chief denied that was the case.“I wouldn’t call it chaos,” Williams said. “Those are your words. I’m not going to use those words.”Williams said that part of the use of force involved police showing themselves in full riot gear. Williams described that presence as an “act of showing we will show force if we have to.”Williams said she heard from officers that the first… Read full this story
- Live Updates: Trump and Biden Meet for First Presidential Debate | Opinion
- Judge bans Detroit police tactics against protesters
- DC Police release bodycam footage showing moment cops shoot dead 18-year-old black man after he pulled a gun - sparking protests - as it's revealed the teen was a 'validated gang member'
- California fires live updates: Hopes for rain fade as fire teams continue war on Glass, August, Creek fires
- Presidential Debate Live Updates: Trump and Biden Face Off For Final Time Before Election
- Trump May Return to Campaign Trail Next Week: Live Updates
- 2020 Election Live Updates: Mail ballot numbers keep climbing in California
- Beirut Live Updates: Over 70 Security Officers Injured, One Dead in Clashes With Protesters
- Coronavirus live updates: San Francisco is national big-city leader in keeping infection rates low
- Coronavirus live updates: California jobs recovery outpaces states where pandemic is surging
Live updates: Police release gas on protesters after Trump speech have 350 words, post on www.usatoday.com at August 22, 2017. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.