NANTERRE, France (AP) — A French court ruled Tuesday that photographers and gossip magazine executives violated the privacy of Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge by taking and publishing photographs of the former Kate Middleton sunbathing topless. The court in a Paris suburb fined two executives of French gossip magazine Closer — owner Ernesto Mauri and executive editor Laurence Pieau — each the maximum of 45,000 euros ($53,500) for such an offense. The Closer executives, along with two photographers for a celebrity photo agency, were collectively ordered to pay 50,000 euros ($59,500) in damages to Kate and the same amount to her husband, Prince William. The damage award was substantially below the figure that the magazine’s lawyer said the royals had requested, but the timing of the court’s finding of privacy invasion had particular resonance in Britain. Last week marked the 20th anniversary of the death of William’s mother, Princess Diana, who was killed in a Paris car accident that occurred while she was being pursued by paparazzi. The royal couple did not attend the hearing where the verdict was announced. Their office at Kensington Palace said they were pleased the court ruled in their favor and now consider the matter closed…. Read full this story
- Prince William and Kate 'nervous' about Prince George future as couple trial 'modern' care
- Kate and William 'winning transatlantic popularity contest' Harry and Meghan 'created'
- 'Angry' Prince William forced to protect Kate after being 'harassed' on her birthday
- Kate and Prince William ‘nervous’ about ‘internet trolls’ targeting Prince George
- Prince George, 8, overjoyed by 'surprise' birthday treats from Queen, Kate and William
- How Kate Middleton and Prince William Are Getting Prince George Ready to Be King - E! Online
- Prince George ‘already being inducted into role as King’ by protective Prince William
- Prince George and Prince William's close bond borders on 'hero-worship'
- Sarah Ferguson called out for 'conveniently' keeping quiet on Kate and William snub
- Why Kate Middleton and Prince William Could Be Getting Competitive Soon (Hint: Rugby Is Involved)
Kate, Prince William to get 50,000 euros as topless pics damages have 321 words, post on www.philstar.com at September 6, 2017. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.