Property and ownership are among the most basic concepts of a modern society. Our ability to clarify who owns what separates us from savages because property and ownership help us maintain our independence and identity.The rules of property and ownership have evolved over centuries. There are clear transfer procedures for all types of property, including real estate, cars and even books. The problem is these age-old concepts are not holding up in our connected and digital world.“Property ownership as we know it is under attack and fading fast,” writes Joshua Fairfield in his book Owned: Property, Privacy, and the New Digital Serfdom. “The Internet of Things and digital property ownership systems are being built on the old feudal model.”Fairfield makes some important points about the role we are playing our changing world.By feudal model, he’s referring to a model where the king owns everything. Various dukes are granted the right to manage portions of land on the king’s behalf. The actual farmers doing the work were serfs. The comparison is stark but reasonable because our connectivity sells us out.The recent hack at Equifax is just one more example of our inability to control our personal information. Most of us are… Read full this story
- Property: City prices to plunge due to 'mass exodus to the country' says Kirstie Allsopp
- 'The disrespect!': Property firm under fire for changing Welsh house name to English
- Roe vs Wade: US Democrats seize on abortion ruling in midterms, as Republicans tread carefully
- Tenant from hell left my property covered in cockroaches & human waste after using shower as TOILET – it’s uninhabitable
- ‘Works wonders’: Mrs Hinch fans share ‘cheap and quick’ way to clean kitchen tiles
- Why isn't Gardeners' World on tonight?
- Opinion: The Supreme Court's gun ruling is the triumph of conservatives over common sense
- US abortion ruling threatens decades of equality rights
- 'Outrageous behaviour': Joe Biden slams US Supreme Court, works to codify Roe v Wade
- Two long weeks: Inside Joe Biden's struggle to respond to abortion ruling
Today’s property rules don’t work in our IoT world have 335 words, post on www.networkworld.com at September 12, 2017. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.