Destroyer comes back strange, Bully channels '90s fuzz, Jessie Ware evokes Whitney and Mariah, and doom duo Bell Witch turns in a moving eulogy to its late drummer. These plus Lindstrøm, Margo Price, and Makthaverskan in this week's notable releases. Advertisement Jessie Ware, Glasshouse [PMR/Friends Keep Secrets/Interscope] Grade: B+ Jessie Ware's 2012 debut, Devotion , is one of the most quietly masterful pop albums of this decade, a survey of post-millennial British R&B and downtempo electronica that slots in neatly alongside the music of contemporaries like Blood Orange and Sampha. But Ware's 2014 follow-up, Tough Love , and the new Glasshouse are decidedly less hip affairs, moving closer to Haim's studio-perfect (and occasionally too studied) evocation of decades of pop radio and adult contemporary music. It's timeless stuff, almost imagistic in the way it conjures the specters of belters past like Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, and Annie Lennox. But where Tough Love 's likable but watery songs felt flat after the moody, keening Devotion , Glasshouse resolutely has the goods, packaging a handful of searing, bring-down-the-house ballads in an album that stands alongside her debut. Advertisement This is big, movie-climax stuff, with tracks like "Thinking About You," "Hearts," and "Alone"… Read full this story
- Chance the Rapper walks back report that he's releasing a new album this week
- Kanye West says he's bipolar on his new album — here's what that really means
- Rapper XXXTentacion signed a $10 million deal for a new album weeks before his death in a shooting
- You Can Get Justin Bieber's New Album by Hailing a Lyft. Wait, What?
- Taylor Swift's Lover: How to stream and buy the new album
- Neil Young starts work on new album
- Paul Weller finishes work on new album
- Magnetic Fields Reveal New Album Details
- Leonard Cohen to release new album in September
- Laura Marling streams new album ‘Once I Was An Eagle’ ahead of official release
Here are 7 new albums you should know about this week have 325 words, post on www.avclub.com at October 20, 2017. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.