By Agence France-Presse The head of the United States Environmental Protection Agency signed on Tuesday a draft decision to roll back Obama-era measures to counter climate change. Repealing the Clean Power Plan (CPP) was a campaign promise by President Donald Trump and follows his decision in June to withdraw from the 2015 Paris agreement by nearly 200 countries to cap global warming. “After reviewing the CPP, EPA has proposed to determine that the Obama-era regulation exceeds the Agency’s statutory authority,” an EPA statement said. “Repealing the CPP will also facilitate the development of US energy resources and reduce unnecessary regulatory burdens associated with the development of those resources.” To the anger of environmentalists, EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt announced to Kentucky coal miners on Monday that the US would pull out of president Barack Obama’s plan, which had sought for the first time to reduce carbon emissions in the United States from power plants. It aimed to reduce national electricity sector emissions an estimated 32 percent below 2005 levels by 2030, leading to the closure of the oldest and most polluting coal-fired power stations. The goal was in line with commitments made by Obama’s administration under the Paris Climate Agreement. Obama’s… Read full this story
- EPA rolls back Obama-era plan limiting coal-fired power plant emissions
- New Interior Chief Zinke to Review Obama-Era Rules, Vows 'Bold' Restructuring
- Worried world urges Trump not to pull out of Paris climate agreement
- 'The war on coal is over': EPA boss to roll back Obama's clean power rules
- How bad can the climate crisis get if Trump wins again?
- Obama calls Paris climate talks an 'act of defiance' in wake of recent attacks
- New Trump rule would allow government to ignore climate impacts of major projects
- Paris climate summit: world leaders told to iron out differences before talks end
- Trump rolls back Obama-era regulations on energy-efficient light bulbs
- Will Tory plans kill onshore wind in the UK?
US environment chief signs draft rollback on Obama climate plan have 312 words, post on news.mb.com.ph at October 11, 2017. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.