Hanoi and Washington have agreed over a free and open East Vietnam Sea for the international community, looking forward to a plan that a U.S. aircraft carrier will visit Vietnam for the first time next year.U.S. President Donald Trump paid a state visit to Vietnam on Saturday and Sunday.At the end of this visit, the two sides issued a joint statement, in which they emphasized the importance of free and open access to the East Vietnam Sea, as well as “freedom of navigation and over-flight” in the maritime area.China now claims most of the East Vietnam Sea without providing any legal ground.Beijing even militarizes some reclaimed geographical features it seized from Vietnam in the past.Vietnamese State President Tran Dai Quang and U.S. President Trump “underscored their commitment to deepen defense cooperation and shared resolve to address regional security challenges.”“Both leaders welcomed the plan for the first visit to a Vietnamese port by a United States aircraft carrier in 2018,” according to the joint statement.President Quang thanked the U.S. government for the transfer of a Hamilton-class Coast Guard cutter to help improve Vietnam’s maritime security and law enforcement capabilities.Hanoi and Washington also expressed their concerns over North Korea’s “nuclear weapons and… Read full this story
- America Insists On A $13 Billion Aircraft Carrier That's Easy To Sink
- What It Would Really Take To Sink A Modern Aircraft Carrier
- Japan Sending Its Definitely-Not-An-Aircraft-Carrier Into The South China Sea
- Why Is Egypt Buying Two Orphaned Mistral Class Aircraft Carriers From France?
- Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's U.S. Carrier Visit Signifies A New Age For Japan's Military Doctrine
- This Map Answers The Question: 'Where Are The Aircraft Carriers?'
- China Lands Plane On Growing Man-Made Island Airbase In South China Sea; Now What?
- Putin's Game Of Battleship: The Black Sea Fleet And Why It Matters
- A War With China Over The South China Sea Territories Would Be A Disaster For America
- U.S. Confronts China Over S. China Sea But No Bombers Based In Australia
Hanoi, Washington underline open access to East Vietnam Sea; expect aircraft carrier visit have 336 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at November 13, 2017. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.