PRESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte has thrown his support on the Department of Health’s (DoH) bid for a full refund for the dengue vaccine it brought from French pharmaceutical giant Sanofi Pasteur, Malacañang said on Tuesday. In a news conference, Palace spokesman Harry Roque Jr. said Duterte would go after individuals who would be found criminally responsible for the suspended dengue immunization program. “He stands by the recommendation of the DoH to hold Sanofi responsible. We want…by way of minimum, a refund of what we have paid already for the Dengvaxia,” he added. Roque was referring to Health Secretary Francisco Duque 3rd’s earlier statement that the Philippine government would seek the return of the P3.5 billion it paid Sanofi for the Dengvaxia vaccine. “He wants a refund of what we had paid because there was concealment of a material fact and that is that children who have not developed dengue may acquire the disease three to six years after the vaccination,” Roque said. Duque had said the DoH would sue Sanofi and demand that the pharmaceutical giant cover the hospitalization of those who contract severe dengue after being vaccinated. “We will demand the refund of the P 3.5 billion paid for the… Read full this story
- President Duterte’s anti-US populism is a dangerously isolationist path
- Rodrigo Duterte to end joint US and Philippine military drills
- 'Gay or paedophile?' Philippines Duterte attacks rights chief over drug war criticism
- Duterte says Philippines might leave UN over criticism of drug trafficker killings
- Philippines wants entire population vaccinated for COVID-19
- BA and easyJet WILL refund or give vouchers to customers who miss flights due to second lockdown... but Ryanair and Wizz Air refuse to compensate customers
- How to refund a game on Steam
- Goibibo gets flak from passengers over refund of air tickets booked during lockdown
- Bilawal's GB election 2020 prediction: 'Whoever forms govt in GB will form govt in Centre'
- MP urges govt. to stop toll collection on OMR, ECR
Duterte wants Sanofi to refund govt have 321 words, post on www.manilatimes.net at December 12, 2017. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.