Firemen Monday found the bodies of “around” 36 people after a deadly blaze at a shopping mall in the southern Philippines, a fire official said as the government launched a criminal investigation.The discovery raised to 37 the confirmed death toll from the NCCC shopping mall fire in the city of Davao on Mindanao island.The Davao region chief of the Bureau of Fire Protection, Wilberto Rico Neil Kwan Tiu, told weeping relatives of the missing that he personally counted “around 36″ bodies in an office lobby at the gutted mall.City mayor Sara Duterte, a daughter of President Rodrigo Duterte, said earlier that 38 people were missing and feared dead in the fire, with one other unidentified body recovered on Sunday.”I personally counted them before I gave the information to our honourable mayor… around 36 in number,” Kwan Tiu told weeping relatives, who clutched long-stemmed white flowers as they attended a mass.”As the ground commander of this operation my deepest apology for I was not able to save them,” said the fire official, who joined a search inside the building at midday.The blaze began on Saturday, trapping call centre workers of US-based market research firm SSI, which announced on its website late… Read full this story
- Fiat Chrysler to plead guilty, pay US$30 million to resolve US criminal labour probe
- The Hill's 12:30 Report - Presented by Facebook - Lawmakers investigate Jan. 6 security failures
- The Hill's 12:30 Report - Presented by ExxonMobil - Senate begins marathon vote-a-rama before $1.9T COVID-19 relief passage
- How the Catholic Church in the Philippines deals with clergy sex abuse of children
- Guevarra tells UNHRC: PH probing death of 5,655 in drug war
- Shameful 'cover-up culture' at top of the Met: Leon Brittan's widow breaks her silence over child sex abuse probe, savages police for 'moral failure' and slams Tom Watson for 'the most despicable thing a human can do'
- Armed ex-guard holds 30 people hostage in Manila shopping mall; 1 person shot
- Philippines: 'Bloody Sunday' killings show Rodrigo Duterte's brutal presidency isn't letting up in his last full year
- Two sisters among six Filipino victims in Lucky Plaza car crash: Philippine Embassy official
- Facebook: An emerging black market for Philippines’ baby trade
More than 30 bodies found, criminal probe into Philippine mall fire have 352 words, post on dtinews.vn at December 26, 2017. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.