**Want FOX News Halftime Report in your inbox every day? Sign up here.** PRESENTING HALFTIME REPORT’S BEST OF JOURNALISM, 2017 After all, we would rather talk about the news than talk about the news about the news. Far too many in politics and journalism today cop out on real coverage by reflexively defaulting to trashing the press. Liberals and conservatives alike engage in this practice, holding up one media outlet or an entire subset for abuse. Some of these are just political proxy fights or efforts to discredit stories damaging to one’s preferred party, but most of it is a waste of your time. That’s why we usually skip it. But all of this gasbaggery means that the current atmosphere contains toxic levels of disdain for journalism. Now, many reporters, pundits and news organizations deserve opprobrium and it’s fair to say that there is much to be improved in the way our profession handles itself. In that way, we wish to wholly associate ourselves with the remarks from our colleague Chris Wallace on the occasion of his recognition from the International Center for Journalists last month: “We shouldn’t be drawn into becoming players on the field, trying to match the people we cover in… Read full this story
- The Best Picture Mix-up Was a Fitting End to a Confused Oscars
- Your guide to the best prostate cancer care... As it becomes the most diagnosed cancer in Britain, this is what every man (and his other half) should read
- RT's Annual Contest for Journalism From Conflict Zones Open for Entrants
- The best Amazon original series available now
- Wall Street Journal: Remote Learning Has Failed Coronavirus Test
- Beijing expels three Wall Street Journal reporters
- Who is Ross Kemp? EastEnders star and Living With: Dementia presenter
- Are We Living in a Golden Age of Stunt Journalism?
- The best Android apps (July 2020)
- Hot AF! Priyanka Chopra & Deepika Padukone At The Golden Globes Awards 2017 [Pictures]
Presenting Halftime Report's Best of Journalism, 2017 have 317 words, post on www.foxnews.com at December 21, 2017. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.