SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAMIndependence – Freedom – Happiness
Ha Noi, December 06, 2017
THE GOVERNMENT’S REGULAR MEETING – NOVEMBER 2017
Pursuant to the Law on Organization of the Government dated June 19, 2015;
Pursuant to the Government’s Decree No. 138/2016/ND-CP dated October 01, 2016 promulgating the working regulation of the Government;
Based on the discussion of the Cabinet members and the conclusion of the Prime Minister at the Government’s regular meeting in August 2017, held on August 30
1. Regarding the socio-economic situation in November and the first 11 months of 2017, the implementation of Resolution No. 01/NQ-CP dated January 1, 2017
The Government unanimously agreed that the socio-economic situation in November and the first 11 months of 2017 continued positive improvements. Macro-economy remained stable. Inflation was kept under control. Major balances were basically guaranteed. Lending rates slightly decreased. Industrial production continued robost growth, especially in processing and manufacturing sectors. The service sector maintained good growth momentum. Foreign direct investment (FDI) inflows and the number of start-ups increased sharply. Exports continued to rise. Export surplus reached US$48 billion. The fields of culture, society, environment, national defense and security received due attention. The prevention, control and overcoming of the consequences of natural calamities, storms, and floods received drastical and prompt direction. Foreign affairs and international integration achieved positive results. With the enthusiasm and responsibility of both the political system and the people, the APEC Year 2017, especially the APEC Economic Leders’ Meeting, was successfully organized and recorded important marks of Viet Nam with international community, with many initiatives passed and highly valued by the international community, contributing to affirm the prestige of Viet Nam in the international arena.
However, the country still faced many difficulties and challenges. Natural disasters, floods and storms caused great damages, seriously affecting the production and life of the people. Disbursement of public investment remained slow. Production and business activities were rather difficult. Many social issues such as child abuse, smuggling, trade frauds and counterfeit goods, food hygiene and safety, etc. were still rampant, causing great public concern. Social order and safety situation was complicated in some areas. Traffic accidents, serious fire and explosion remained rampant.
In the last month of 2017, the Government requested ministries, sectors, localities, especially localities which are the national-level key economic centers to make the highest efforts and promote the role of the heads in order to drastically and uniformly direct the implementation of the tasks and solutions figured out. To intensify order and disciplines and step up administrative reform, continue removal of obstacles, promote production and business through the end of the year. To strive for the best and most comprehensive results of the objectives and targets of the socio-economic development plan and the budget plan for 2017, especially:
– The State Bank of Viet Nam shall closely monitor the developments of domestic and foreign money markets, and actively take appropriate measures, especially during the year-end and the Lunar New Year in 2018.
– The Ministry of Planning and Investment shall assume the prime responsibility and coordinate with ministries, sectors and localities in ensuring full disbursement of public investment capital allocated for 2017. To review and evaluate the effectiveness of public investment projects (which were signed and implemented) using regular market-based ordinary capital resources (OCR) loans from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) or the World Bank’s IBRD (International Bank for Reconstruction and Development), propose and report to the Prime Minister solutions to find appropriate funds. To intensify the inspection and examination, ensuring the efficient use of public investment capital, prevent corruption, wastefulness and group interests. To continue effective implementation of the tasks and solutions to improve the business environment in the spirit of the Government’s Resolution No. 19/NQ-CP and 35/NQ-CP and the Prime Minister’s Directive No. 26/CT-TTg. To accelerate provision of e-services in business registration.
– The Ministry of Finance shall strictly deploy financial-budgetary disciplines. To further step up measures to prevent losses, transfer pricing, and tax arrears. To thoroughly apply measures to save on recurrent expenditures. To intensify the inspection and examination of the observance of laws on prices, taxes, charges and fees. To assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with competent ministries, sectors, and localities in, closely monitoring changes in prices and markets, intensifying inspection and supervision, and taking appropriate measures to minimize market price fluctuations. To strictly handle acts of smuggling, trade frauds and counterfeit goods at the end of the year.
– The Ministry of Industry and Trade shall actively follow up with adjustments in import policies of foreign partners to have timely policy response. To closely monitor the situation of goods supply and demand, especially essential goods, to promptly have solutions to boost production and consumption during the year-end and the 2018 Lunar New Year. To ensure sufficient supply of basic necessities for people in areas hit by natural calamities.
– Ministries, sectors, localities, State corporations and groups shall drastically implement the equitization and divestment of State capital in State-owned enterprises according to the approved roadmap. To promote the divestment of State capital, especially in some large enterprises, ensuring transparency and compliance with the market mechanism, preventing against losses, negativity and group interests.
– The Support Fund for Enterprise Reorganization and Development (currently managed by the State Capital Investment Corporation) and the Support Fund for Enterprise reorganization at parent companies of State economic groups and corporations, and parent companies of parent-subsidiary companies with the positive balance shall be directly managed by the Ministry of Finance in accordance with Clause 4 Article 39 of Decree No. 126/2017/ND-CP dated 16 November. In the immediate future, the entire balance of these funds shall be remitted to the Ministry of Finance latest by December 10, 2017.
– The Ministry of Transport shall make an overall report to the Prime Minister of Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) projects, especially the Cai Lay BOT project in Tien Giang province. To propose solutions to effectively manage the Road Maintenance Fund, in December 2017. To assume the prime responsibility for and coordinate with the Ministry of Industry and Trade, the Ministry of Finance and other relevant ministries and agencies in organizing a national conference on logistics in the first quarter of 2018 to discuss on solutions to reduce costs, effectively connect the transport infrastructure system.
– The Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development shall direct the implementation of the approved plan on agricultural restructuring in the 2017-2020 period. To closely coordinate with the concerned ministries, sectors and localities to overcome consequences of natural calamities, storms, and floods in order to stabilize the people’s life and restore production, prevent hunger and homelessness. To expeditiously complete the draft Decree amending and supplementing Decree No. 66/2014/ND-CP on detailed implementation of the Law on Natural Disaster Prevention and Control and submitting it to the Government in the first quarter of 2018. To intensify the inspection and thoroughly prevention of illegal exploitation and conversion of use purposes of natural forests. To take measures to prevent and fight forest fires, especially in the dry season. To prepare for the national conference on natural disaster prevention and control, and the International Forum on Organic Agriculture. To coordinate with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Defense, the Ministry of Information and Communications, and the coastal provinces in enhancing awareness among fishermen and taking drastic measures to prevent the illegal fishing in foreign territorial waters.
– The Ministry of Education and Training shall review and adjust the state management of preschool education. To assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the Ministry of Industry and Trade, the Ministry of Finance, the Viet Nam General Confederation of Labor and other concerned ministries, agencies and localities in proposing mechanisms and policies on building pre-school education establishments in industrial areas, in which responsibilities of state management agencies, mass organizations and investors must be clearly identified, and report to the Prime Minister in the first quarter of 2018.
– The Ministry of Science and Technology shall focus on implementing solutions to develop the science and technology market, focusing on promoting the transfer and application of technology to domestic enterprises from advanced countries. To pomote the implementation of Directive No. 16/CT-TTg on strengthening the capacity to access the 4th Industrial Revolution, and report to the Prime Minister on the implementation progress in December 2017.
– The Ministry of Health shall assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with concerned ministries and agencies and localities in organizing the effective inspection of food safety, especially in food production and trading establishments. To promptly detect and strictly handle violations of food safety and publicize on the mass media.
– The Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs shall assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the Ministry of Education and Training and other ministries, sectors, localities and mass organizations in, intensifying the inspection and supervision to resolutely prevent child violence. To assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the concerned ministries and agencies in, organizing a national online conference of the Government on measures to prevent and fight against child violence. The Ministry of Public Security shall direct functional forces to investigate and strictly handle acts of child violation.
– The Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism shall coordinate with localities to well implement the “Whole People United to Build Cultural Lifestyle” campaign. To encourage and mobilize the whole people unite and participate in the building of a cultural life of Vietnamese people with a healthy lifestyle, to honor and promote noble and ethical qualities and manners.
– The Ministry of Defense and the Ministry of Public Security shall continue to closely monitor the situation, take the initiative in promptly dealing with and effectively preventing terrorism plots and activities to ensure national defense and security and social safety and order.
– Ministries, agencies and localities shall intensify prevention and combat of crime, fires and explosions, smuggling and trade frauds in the end of the year and the Lunar New Year in 2018.
– The Ministry of Information and Communications shall direct communication and press agencies to provide truthful, timely and objective information on the country’s socio-economic situation, guidelines and directions of the Party, policies and laws of the Government, the direction and administration of the Government and the Prime Minister. To strictly handle law-breaking acts, activities abusing the right to freedom of speech, press freedom, infringing upon the interests of the Government and the legitimate rights and interests of organizations and citizens.
– Ministries and ministerial-level agencies shall promptly carry out the tasks prescribed in the Government’s Decree No. 85/2016/ND-CP dated July 1, 2016 on the assurance of information safety at levels. To urgently strengthen the structure, organization, functions and tasks of specialized information technology units according to the Government’s Decree No. 64/2007/ND-CP dated April 10, 2007. To apply information technology in the operation of state agencies, in the direction of assigning the existing information technology units to act as the focal point for advising and managing the information system safety. To prevent overlapping of tasks between units under Ministries and ministerial-level agencies.
– Ministries and ministerial-level agencies should closely monitor the three contents guiding the direction and administration of the Government in 2018 as reported to the Party Central Committee and the National Assembly. To concentrate on assessing the situation, carefully analyzing the causes of shortcomings and limitations as well as difficulties and challenges in sectors and domains in charge in order to identify remedies. To review all relevant mechanisms, policies and laws. Whereby, to set out the major tasks and solutions for each sector and each area in 2018, with priority given to the implementation of the objectives and tasks of the resolutions of the Party Central Committee and the National Assembly. To coordinate with the Ministry of Planning and Investment in elaborating a draft Resolution on the major tasks and solutions guiding the implementation of the socio-economic development plan and the budget plan in 2018. To fortify the direction and management in 2018 in a more effective, more comprehensive and more sustainable manner, in order to overcome the stagnation in the direction and administration. Each ministry, sector and locality shall select a number of specific objectives and tasks to strive to complete in 2018 in order to create clear changes in each sector, each field and each locality.
The Ministry of Planning and Investment shall be responsible for synthesizing and finalizing the aforesaid resolution and report to the Prime Minister before December 15, 2017.
– Members of the Government shall take concrete action in directing, administering, implementing and seriously fulfilling commitments and promises to the National Assembly. To effectively implement the resolutions of the National Assembly, especially the socio-economic development plan and the State budget plan in 2018, and recommendations of the Viet Nam Fatherland Front.
2. Regarding the allocation of the 2018 public investment plan and the remaining medium-term public investment plan for the 2016-2020 period
The Ministry of Planning and Investment shall assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the Ministry of Finance in, reporting to the Prime Minister for consideration and decision on:
– The public investment plan in 2018 for a number of special cases including newly launched projects which have investment procedures to be completed after October 31, 2017, Projects funded by the central budget (domestic capital) up to September 30, 2017, which have disbursed less than 30% of the 2017 capital plan allocated at the beginning of the year.
– The allocation of the rest of the medium-term public investment capital in the 2016-2020 period to ministries, sectors and localities.
3. Regarding the promulgation of the Government’s Action Program for the implementation of the Resolution adopted at the 6th plenary meeting of the 12th Party Central Committee on continued renovation and rearrangement of the apparatus of the political system for effective and efficient operation and the Resolution No. 24/2017/QH14 of the National Assembly on promoting the implementation of policies and laws to reform the public administrative apparatus in the 2016-2021 period
The Ministry of Home Affairs shall take the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the Committees of the National Assembly and the CPV Central Committee’s Organization Commission, the Government Office, the Ministry of Justice and concerned ministries and agencies in gathering comments of the Cabinet members. To draw up a list of specific tasks, clearly identify the implementing agency and the time limit for completion. To finalize the draft Resolution promulgating the Government Action Program and submit it to the Prime Minister for consideration and signing in December 2017.
4. Regarding the Government’s draft Resolution promulgating an Action Program for the implementation of the Resolution adopted at the 6th plenary meeting of the 12th Party Central Committee on continued renovation of the organizational and management system and improvement of quality and effectiveness of public service delivery agencies
The Ministry of Home Affairs shall assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the Government Office and relevant ministries and agencies in, collecting comments of the Cabinet members, finalize the draft Resolution and submit it to the Prime Minister for consideration and signing in December 2017.
5. Regarding the Government’s draft Resolution promulgating an Action Program for the implementation of the Resolution adoptd at the 6th plenary meeting of the 12th Party Central Committee on strengthening the protection, care and enhancement of public health and population work in the new situation
The Ministry of Health shall assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the Government Office and concerned ministries and agencies in collecting comments of the Cabinet members, and finalize the above-mentioned draft Resolution and submit it to the Prime Minister for consideration and approval in December 2017.
6. Regarding the proposals on draft laws amending and supplementing the Laws relating to land, construction, housing, environment, business investment, specialized inspection and planning, and the proposals on the development of laws as suggested by the Party Central Committee and the National Assembly
The Government requested that:
– Ministries and ministerial-level agencies seriously overcome unpunctuality in the past and direct the specialized and legal units under their ministries and agencies to accelerate the review and completion of draft laws under their authority, clearly defining the policies to be amended and supplemented, and send them to the Ministry of Justice for appraisal in December 2017. Ministers, Heads of ministerial-level agencies shall be responsible for the quality of this work and further delays shall not be allowed. For laws which have not yet been proposed for revision by leading ministries or agencies, it is necessary to report to the Government on the evaluation and review results of the implementation progress, clearly stating the reasons therefor.
– The Ministry of Justice appraise and synthesize proposals for the development of draft laws by ministries and agencies and report to the Government in its regular meeting in December 2017. On that basis, the Minsitry of Justice shall enlist adjustments to the the law and ordinance making Program in 2018 and propose the law and ordinance making Program in 2019, then submit them to the Government for approval at its meeting in January 2018.
At the same time, the Ministry shall promptly evaluate and conduct a preliminary review of the implementation of the law-making process under the current Law on Promulgation of Legal Documents, to propose amendments to this Law in 2018, in order to remove the shortcomings in the drafting, submission, adjustment, and approval of laws and ordinances.
7. Regarding the proposal for the elaboration of the Law amending and supplementing a number of articles of the Law on Construction, the Law on Housing, the Law on Real Estate Business, the Law on Urban Planning. The proposal for the elaboration of the Law Amending and Supplementing a Number of Articles of the Law on Enterprises and the Law on Investment
The Government approved the policies proposed by the Ministry of Construction, the Ministry of Planning and Investment. The two ministries shall, within the ambit of their assigned functions and tasks, collect comments of the Cabinet members, evaluate opinions of the Ministry of Justice, complete dossiers proposing the elaboration of laws, and send to the Ministry of Justice which is responsible for developing an overall proposal to adjust the law- and ordinance-making program in 2018 and the proposed program in 2019.
8. Regarding the proposal for the elaboration of the Government’s Decree on “ho, hui, bieu, phuong” (mutual loan club)
The Government approved the proposal on the development of the above-mentioned draft Decree. The Ministry of Justice shall assume the prime responsibility for and coordinate with the concerned ministries and agencies in elaborating the draft Decree on the “ho, hui, bieu, phuong” and submit them to the Government for consideration in 2018.
9. Regarding the handling of problems related to the conditions for raising the chartered capital of Deposit Insurance of Viet Nam under the provisions of Decree No. 91/2015/ND-CP
The Government agreed to allow the Deposit Insurance of Viet Nam to be assessed and classified based on the characteristics of the Deposit Insurance, to increase its chartered capital in accordance with the Decree No. 91/2015/ND-CP dated 13 October 2015 by the Government on investing state capital in enterprises and the management and use of state capital and assets in enterprises.
10. Regarding the finalization of investment procedures for newly started projects assigned for the 2017 plan
The Government agreed to allow newly started projects assigned for the 2017 plan to complete the investment procedures until the end of December 15, 2017.
The Ministry of Planning and Investment shall assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the concerned ministries and agencies in, clearly defining the reasons for and reviewing the experience in assigning the 2017 public investment plan so as not to repeat this situation in the year plan 2018.
11. Regarding the time of issuance and enforcement of circulation number of medical equipment
The Government agreed to postpone the time for issuance and enforcement of circulation number of medical devices Categories B, C and D until January 1, 2019 at the request of the Ministry of Health. The Ministry of Health shall submit to the Government a draft Decree amending and supplementing Decree No. 36/2016/ND-CP dated 15 May 2016 in the third quarter of 2018.
12. Regarding the implementation of regimes and policies in communes with socio-economic difficulties of Thanh Hoa province
The Government agreed with the proposal of the People’s Committee of Thanh Hoa province to extend the duration for the implementation of preferential policies for communes with extremely difficult socio-economic conditions in 02 wards Quang Cu and Quang Vinh in Sam Son city, Thanh Hoa province until 2017.
The Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs has been assigned to study and amend the relevant legislation in the direction that for communes with particularly difficult socio-economic conditions to be transformed into wards, the support regimes and preferential policies shall be discontinued for communes facing extremely difficult socio-economic conditions as from the date the resolutions of the National Assembly Standing Committee take effect.
13. Regarding the implementation of the tasks assigned by the Government and the Prime Minister in the first 11 months and the inspection results of the Working Group in November 2017.
The Working Group has been assigned to regularly urge and inspect the performance of tasks assigned to ministries, agencies and localities by the Government and the Prime Ministe. To continue inspecting the implementation of resolutions, conclusions and direction of the Government and the Prime Minister on equitization, e-Government, and administrative procedure reform.
Ministries, agencies and localities shall urgently review and formulate plans on reduction and simplification of or consider abolishing investment and business conditions in their respective authority. To announce the reduction plan and create a favorable, equitable and transparent investment and business environment for the people and enterprises.
Ministers, Heads of agencies shall directly direct to complete and submit to the Government and/or the Prime Minister to promulgate documents detailing and guiding the implementation thereof, ensuring their effect in full compliance with the Laws which will take effect from January 1, 2018.
14. Regarding the Draft Decree promulgating the Regulation on financial management of the parent company – Viet Nam National Oil and Gas Group
The Ministry of Finance shall assume the prime responsibility for and coordinate with the Ministry of Justice, the Government Office and other concerned ministries and agencies in collecting comments of the Government members and urgently finalizing the draft Decree promulgating the Regulation on financial management of the parent company – Viet Nam National Oil and Gas Group, and submit it to the Prime Minister for consideration and signing in December 2017.
15. Regarding the report on the preliminary review of the five-year implementation of the Human Resources Development Strategy and Plan in the 2011-2020 period
The Government requested that:
– Ministries, sectors and localities continue implementation of the contents of the proposed Strategy and Plan. To coordinate to address issues arising from the development of human resources. To establish an information and forecast system on national labor supply and demand on the basis of integrating with the investment project to develop an employment information network.
– The Ministry of Planning and Investment shall be the focal agency; take the prime responsibility for and coordinate with the Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs, the Ministry of Education and Training, the Ministry of Health and concerned ministries, agencies, and localities in assessing and thoroughly analyzing shortcomings; identify objective and subjective causes and challenges in the implementation of the Human Resources Development Strategy and Plan, especially in the context of the 4th technology revolution. Based on that, the Ministry shall advise the Government on the tasks and solutions to develop human resources to meet the market requirements; concretize the tasks of ministries, sectors, and localities in order to efficiently implement the Human Resources Development Strategy and Plan in the 2011-2020 period.
16. Regarding the draft Scheme on restructuring public investment in the 2016-2020 period and some orientations to 2025
The Ministry of Planning and Investment shall quickly collect comments from the Cabinet members and finalize the Scheme and submit it to the Prime Minister for consideration and signing in December 2017.
17. Regarding the drafting of the Decree amending and supplementing Decree No. 77/2015/ND-CP dated September 10, 2015; Decree No. 136/2015/ND-CP dated December 31, 2015; Decree No. 161/2016/ND-CP dated December 02, 2016 of the Government
The Ministry of Planning and Investment shall assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the concerned ministries and agencies in, collecting comments of the Cabinet members, finalize the draft Decree and submit it to the Government as prescribed in December 2017.
18. Regarding the management of capital sources of the Ship Building Industry Corporation (SBIC)
In principle, the Government agreed with the Ministry of Finance’s report on the management of SBIC capital sources. The Ministry of Finance shall assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the Ministry of Transport, the Government Office and relevant ministries and agencies in working out a draft resolution of the Government on the concentrated management of SBIC’s capital sources, and report to the Prime Minister for consideration and signing in December 2017.
19. Regarding the draft Decree of the Government regulating the standards and norms for the use of cars
The Finance Ministry shall assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with concerned ministries, agencies and localities in, thoroughly evaluating the impacts of the application of fixed package expenditures on the use of public cars and submitting them to the Government for consideration and decision.
20. Regarding the draft Resolution of the Government on the implementation of the Law on Planning
The Ministry of Planning and Investment has been assigned to collect comments of ministries, agencies and localities on the contents of the draft Resolution; coordinate with the Government Office to collect comments of the Cabinet members, finalize the draft Resolution and submit it to the Prime Minister for signing in December 2017./.
ON BEHALF OF THE GOVERNMENT
Nguyen Xuan Phuc
- Meet Antifa's Secret Weapon Against Far-Right Extremists
- Meet the pirate queen making academic papers free online
- Rogue cellphone-tracking devices detected in Washington, feds say
- DHS finds suspected phone spying in Washington
- Trump’s Man on Campus
- Premium and 'top tier' gas: When to upgrade at the pump
- Famed cancer biologist allegedly sexually harassed women for decades
- Top tech CEOs and U.S. officials brainstorm ideas on how to hit ISIS online
- Study: 35 Pct of Parents Play Video Games
- How a rock star of Iranian digital activism built a culture of misogyny and fear