The US technology company has signed similar agreements before with Samsung, LG and Cisco Systems 0SHARES Share Tweet Email A sign of Tencent is seen during the fourth World Internet Conference in Wuzhen, Zhejiang province, China, December 3, 2017. PHOTO: REUTERS Alphabet’s Google has agreed to a patent licensing deal with Tencent as it looks for ways to expand in China where many of its products, such as app store, search engine and email service, are blocked by regulators. The US technology company has signed similar agreements before with Samsung, LG and Cisco Systems, but the deal with Tencent is a first with a large Chinese tech firm. Google has previously said that agreements such as these reduce the potential of litigation over patent infringement. UK may use taxes to get tech giants to do more The agreement with the Chinese social media and gaming firm Tencent covers a broad range of products and paves the way for collaboration on technology in the future, Google said on Friday, without disclosing any financial terms of the deal. Tencent oversees China’s top social media and payments app, WeChat, which has close to a billion users. It also oversees one of the country’s… Read full this story
- China 'Trumps' US As Top Market For Asia-Pacific Business Amid RCEP Trade Deal, COVID-19, HSBC says
- China pledges to achieve carbon neutrality before 2060: Xi
- Huawei ban timeline: US reportedly in talks to let company's CFO return to China
- China's Ant considers Paytm stake sale amid tensions with India
- Chinese Fintech company Ant Group considering selling stake in Paytm amid rising tensions between India and China?
- China’s Ant said to mull sale of Paytm stake amid tensions with India
- China's Ant considers Paytm stake sale amid tensions with India: Report
- Banned Over Link With China's Tencent, PUBG Trying to Re-Enter India With Airtel, Media Says
- Berlin Plans to Back Deutsche Telekom's China 5G Bid as US Pressures EU in Trade, Tech War - Report
- New push to bring Chinese-style cashless payment technology to Australia - and it will change the way you shop forever
Google announces patent agreement with Tencent amid China push have 347 words, post on tribune.com.pk at January 19, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.