Demi Lovato continues to carry the torch for mental health awareness as she celebrates her sixth year of sobriety (congrats Demi!!!!) Billboard reports that during Friday night’s concert at the Barclays Center, she said, “I know that there are people here tonight that need to ask for help.” Yesterday, six years ago, I was drinking vodka out of a Sprite bottle at 9 in the morning, throwing up in the car. And I just remember thinking, ‘This is no longer cute. This is no longer fun. And I’m just like my dad.’ [Lovato’s father, who she has said was abusive and struggled with mental health issues, died of cancer in 2013.] So I took a look at my life and I said, ‘Something has to change, I’ve got to get sober’ — so I did. I made changes in my life, and the reason I became so open about my story is because I know that there are people here tonight that need to ask for help, and I want you to know that that’s okay. Mental health is something that we all need to talk about, and we need to take the stigma away from it. So let’s raise… Read full this story
- Police share tributes after death of mental health officer
- Nicola Sturgeon's TEDSummit speech
- Heartfelt tributes to Kayleigh, 21, who 'had a heart of gold'
- Full text: Boris Johnson’s victory speech
- A selection of speeches from the abortion law reform debate
- Boris Johnson’s victory speech: what he said – and what he meant
- Theresa May's emotional resignation speech in full
- Full text: Theresa May’s resignation speech
- Theresa May's resignation speech in full
- This is Theresa May's resignation speech in full
Here's Demi Lovato With a Heartfelt Speech on Mental Health have 278 words, post on jezebel.com at March 16, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.