Vets have warned dog owners to keep Easter chocolate treats away from their pets. Eating chocolate can put dogs in serious danger of poisoning. British Veterinary Association (BVA) figures revealed more than 74% of vets in the south east saw at least one case of chocolate poisoning over the 2017 Easter holidays . A survey showed vets across the UK saw an average of two cases of chocolate poisoning last Easter. Read More Cute animal tales More worryingly, around 13% of vets in the UK treated five or more cases last year. BVA has advised owners to keep Easter chocolates out of reach to avoid any mishaps. Chocolate can be highly poisonous for dogs because it contains a naturally occurring chemical found in cocoa beans. Theobromine is safe for human but harmful to dogs and other animals. Dark chocolate and cocoa powder are most toxic while smaller dogs and puppies are most at risk from poisoning. What to do if your dog eats chocolate BVA president John Fishwick said: “Easter is a time of great fun for the whole family, but chocolate treats meant for humans can be poisonous for our pets. “Dogs in particular have a keen sense of… Read full this story
- Eight places for Easter Sunday brunch in Jakarta
- Easter comes just once a year
- Toronto woman passes on the traditions of the Ukrainian Easter Egg
- Count on the Peninsula for that chocolate fix
- Easing dogs’ fears about bath time
- Why does my dog keep peeing in the house?
- LIST: Holiday treats for kids and kids at heart
- The strange and unusual origins of Easter bunnies and chocolate eggs
- News LIST: Where to celebrate Easter Sunday 2019
- Perfect wine pairings for Easter dinner and dessert
What to do if your dog eats your chocolate Easter treats have 276 words, post on www.getsurrey.co.uk at March 26, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.