The Army says its troops have neutralised four of the 20 militia they encountered at Teguma village in Guma Local Government Area of Benue on Monday during patrol, while others fled.
A statement by Brig.-Gen Texas Chukwu, the Director of Army Public Relations, issued on Tuesday said items recovered from the militia were four AK 47 rifles; five 7.62mm rounds of ammunition and 28 rounds of 7.62 police special ammunition.
Chukwu restated that the Nigerian army was determined to rid the country of criminal elements.
- Issue of Pakistani drones to feature prominently at Army commanders' meet
- Over 1,000,000 Guns Purchased in April 2009 in the USA - A Discussion of Firearms
- The Constitution Vs The Declaration of Independence
- Who's who in the Syria-Turkey conflict?
- Something For Everyone in Petersburg, A Historic City in Southside Virginia
- Libyan official: Tripoli is restricting our oil revenues
- 'Like a global corporation': Hunting down Asia's El Chapo
- The World Condemns Erdogan’s War on Kurds. But Turkey Applauds.
- Civil War Battles Fought by Amateurs
- Top Ten Military Movies 2000-2009