New Delhi: Private equity (PE) investment into real estate increased by 15 per cent to Rs 16,530 crore during January-March period driven by sharp jump in inflows in residential segment, according to property consultant Cushman & Wakefield. PE investment in real estate stood at Rs 14,340 crore in the year-ago period. “Private equity inflows into real estate rose 15 per cent year-on-year to Rs 16,530 crore (USD 2.6 billion) during the first quarter, eclipsing the inflows of the first quarter of the previous 11 years,” Cushman & Wakefield (C&W) said in a statement. The housing sector gained prominence in inflows with the highest ever inflows in 10 quarters, as investors look to gain from government incentives in affordable housing, it added. PE inflows into the residential sector more than doubled to Rs 8,518 crore (USD 1.32 billion), backed by a large platform transaction between Housing Development Financial Corporation (HDFC) and Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA). Office segment saw a decline in PE investment at Rs 6,100 crore from Rs 10,160 crore during the period under review. The decline in investments is due to postponement of closure of certain notable transactions to forthcoming quarters. “The strong inflow level is testimony… Read full this story
- 'Golden visa' investments down 33 percent
- City Moves for 28 March – who’s switching jobs at Knight Frank, Clifford Chance and Newgate?
- Algarve welcomes major investment
- Hungary to set up booth at MIPIM
- ConvergenCE acquires Árpád Center
- Andalucia economy could lose €1.1 BILLION in no-deal Brexit, Junta warns
- Luton named as one of UK’s property investor hotspots
- Tsipras: EU ‘disaster’ if ultra-right Weber is next Commission chief
- The Capitals: Macron plays the bad cop, Belgians to apologise for colonial wrongs
- Klitschko to represent Kyiv at MIPIM in France
PE investment in real estate up 15 pc in Jan-March to Rs 16,530 cr have 272 words, post on www.deccanchronicle.com at April 30, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.