GOYANG, South Korea (AP) — The Latest on the summit between the leaders of North Korea and South Korea (all times local): 1:50 a.m. The United Nations says Secretary-General Antonio Guterres is applauding the “truly historic summit” between the leaders of North Korea and South Korea. U.N. spokesman Stephane Dujarric said Friday that “many around the world were moved by the powerful imagery of the two leaders coming together to advance harmony and peace on the Korean Peninsula.” He said the secretary-general “salutes the courage and leadership that resulted in the important commitments and agreed actions outlined in the Panmunjom Declaration for Peace, Prosperity and Unification of the Korean Peninsula.” Dujarric said Guterres counts on the two Koreas to “swiftly implement” all the agreed actions “to further inter-Korean trust-building and reconciliation” and progress toward “sustainable peace and verifiable denuclearization on the Korean Peninsula.” He said Guterres “looks forward to these gains being consolidated and advanced” at the upcoming U.S.-North Korea summit. ___ 9:30 p.m. Kim Jong Un has returned to North Korea after a summit with South Korean President Moon Jae-in in which they vowed to remove nuclear weapons from the Korean Peninsula but provided no specific new measures. As… Read full this story
- North Korea Summit Sets the Stage for Potential Trump Fiasco
- North Korea's Kim Jong Un spends his birthday with his wife in China, but how old is he and what's he up to?
- North Korea: If US wants to talk, put someone 'more mature' than Pompeo in charge
- North Korea: Kim Jong Un announces pause of nuclear program
- South Korea stops border propaganda broadcasts ahead of key summit with North
- These are the three things North Korea's Kim Jong Un wants from Donald Trump
- Where's Kim?! Mystery as North Korea tests hypersonic missile – but leader AWOL at launch
- N. Korea fires unidentified projectile, criticises US ‘hostile’ policy (update)
- North Korea 'fires ballistic missile' as Kim Jong-un ramps up weapons testing
- Mike Pompeo, C.I.A. Director, Met With Kim Jong-un in North Korea
The Latest: UN chief applauds ‘truly historic’ Koreas summit have 331 words, post on apnews.com at April 27, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.